Shane and Me fanart, first post!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by itsfarmerraenie, May 24, 2019.

1. itsfarmerraenie

itsfarmerraenie Space Hobo

stardewssss.jpg Hiyaaa ... I made this after being inspired from Shane's final heart event that involves a kiss.. Shane is my first in-game husband so this is kinda special. Especially when he blushes after he said he drank too much that's why he kissed you lol, I find that really adorable. Hope you like it!

I think based on my observations and personal life experiences, I relate to Shane the most. It is kinda sad that people ranted too much about him being alcoholic even after he is married when his heart events are mostly showing his recovery. I think he is still struggling with depression and one therapy session won't cure that. I do hope however there's a follow up with his storyline after marriage. But the thing about Stardew Valley is that nobody's actually perfect in there and unlike Harvest Moon where your spouses always treat you nicely and lovingly disregarding that there are maybe bad days, the spouses in SV shows a realistic side of being married. Shane is still a wonderful character and maybe not many people agree with me on this but I enjoy being married to him and experience his ups and downs through his dialogues.

ShaneLovesChickens and WilliamZ like this.
    • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Adorable artwork, I like of Shane even before of him becoming a marriage candidate due this cutscene:

[​IMG]

Also: @ShaneLovesChickens
      PS: I don't know the drawing author.

itsfarmerraenie likes this.
      • ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

Hi! OP, you are an AMAZING artist! I just started playing Stardew Valley, but I hope to marry Shane soon (currently at 10 hearts)! He's my favorite character in the game! How long have you been playing?

itsfarmerraenie likes this.
        • itsfarmerraenie

itsfarmerraenie Space Hobo

I fell in love with Shane even before cuz I found he actually works. :rofl: I mean he seems hardworking that's why but after seeing the first heart event, I actually love him more. <3

And yeah, the drawing looks awesome! the artist captures the scene nicely!

Thank you so much, it's nice to see people react to this cuz I don't know that many people who can relate to this artwork! I have been playing this since 5th of May which was almost 3 weeks ago and I married Shane on my 2nd year! He is a cutie, isn't he? I do hope you get married to him sooner too!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
            ShaneLovesChickens likes this.
          • ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

@itsfarmerraenie Oh, so you're new, like me! I began playing on May 10th and I'm currently in Winter of my first year. It's too bad you can't get the mermaid's pendant in the winter. (I finished the house upgrade on Winter 2.) I started liking Shane when I gave him a pizza on his birthday and the relationship suddenly jumped to 4 hearts. At the time, I was trying to decide which marriage candidate to aim for, so I was like, "Alrighty then, I guess we'll go with Shane!" and now it's been several days and now I'm like "OMG IT'S SHANE HIIII!" or "OMG SHANE SENT ME A PIZZA!" or "OMG SHANE IS SO CUTE WITH THE CHICKENS!"