Modding Help Shane Dialogue won't repack?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KarmaLarma, Mar 31, 2017.

1. KarmaLarma

KarmaLarma Intergalactic Tourist

I recently did a Portrait/Sprite mod for Shane (This 'Fat Shane' mod here) and decided I wanted to expand on his dialogue as well as those in the town who know him, especially seeing some of them have only between ten and fifteen lines of dialogue for everyday interactions. So I spent the day writing new lines and marriage lines for him as well as a few for Jas, Marnie, and Gus.
    I decided it was time to test it and when I repackaged all the dialogue files, Shane's wouldn't go back to being xnb files! The sprites and portraits gave me no trouble when I made them, and neither did any of the other characters' dialogue files, but for some reason his were the only ones that absolutely won't repackage so that I can put them in the game.
    I remember seeing someone mention Shane and Emily's files are slightly different from the rest of the characters, so does anyone know what I need to do in order to make it work?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Assuming you can repack the original, unedited dialogue of his. Then, it's just a formatting issue.

Double check the beginning, and end of your lines for any missing characters. Stuff like quotation marks, exclamation marks, and the sort. Also, if you have any dialogue that is said with quotes; it needs to be 'escaped.'
      That's something a few people miss. As the game, and XNBnode will assume the double quotes are either part of the beginning of new dialogue or the end.

You can escape the quotes by adding backslahses before them to tell the game to draw them as text:
      Code:
      \"I'm quoting things\".

• KarmaLarma

KarmaLarma Intergalactic Tourist

Nope, the originals won't repack either. Someone on another forum tried repacking his files and said it worked just fine using the same program as I am, so I don't know what's going on with it.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff