Race Sheeple, The Steampunk Comic-Relief Race!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by 1hkem, Oct 28, 2015.

1. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

I'm fairly new here, this is just an idea, no work has actually been done here. ask in the comments if you think something should be added, or maybe have a go doing the sprites or coding for it!

We need a sheep race.
    we have alpacas, and the Novakids got in, right? then again their idea wasn't super silly. but Sheep have potential and could work well if you tried! I think Sheep should be Steampunks! seeing as we haven't used that, yet its such an interesting concept! here are a few examples to get you, or whoever actually accepts this, started.

Armor!
    Sweaters! (iron set) Steel wool! (steel set) Black Sheep (titanium set) Durasteel wool! (Durasteel set) RAMpager! (Impervium set) EWEitch! (Ferozium set) Golden Fleece! (Cerulium set)

Weapons!
    lots of sheep puns, ex: ShearShanks! (Durasteel dagger) Shear-will! (Durasteel Shortsword) Argalony! ([look up argali, then add agony.] 1-handed Durasteel hand cannon-ish weapon) Baamb ( Impervium 1-handed sticky grenade launcher) Wolf in sheep's clothing(Impervium hand cannon-ish weapon)

Characterization!
    seeing as they are steampunks, they would most likely live on giant flying islands with giant propellers. Because flying steampunk cities are super cool. It'd also be cool if they were British, because you can't be a proper steampunk without being formal, ruggedly-handsome, and British. The Sheeple's speech would be absolutely filled with puns, like instead of "You are cool" they would say "EWE are cool." every you is replaced with ewe. (Ewe means female sheep.) and any other puns that could be fit into speech.

Characterization2!
    As for your Sheeple's appearance, you have the following:
    Head/Hat Your Sheeple can wear a fez, or a large mustache, a big wooly afro, a fedora, or a teeny-tiny top hat!
    Body/Vest Sheeple can wear either vests, long sleeved vests, or nothing, just your wooly exterior. all sheep have bowties, however, because bowties just scream formal steampunk sheep man right over here!
    skin/wool Your Sheeple can have either white skin and white wool, White skin and gray wool, black skin and black wool, brown skin and brown wool, or... white skin and green wool.
    legs/hooves Sheeple can either have short-shorts, jeans, or just their bare legs. (the legs don't have wool, just the main part of the torso.) changing to short shorts also gives your sheep little athletic shoes, which are adorable. otherwise your feet are only hooves.
    colors! you can change the color of your vest, which also changes the color of your bowtie. you can change the color of your pants, which also changes the color of the laces on your athletic shoes if you chose to wear them. you can change the color of your hat item, whether it be the color of your moustache hair (all colors of the rainbow available!) the color of your fedora, top hat, or fez! (gold is, or at least should be an option for all of these.)

Weapons2!
    once again bringing up the Novakids, they were the only race to be purely based around guns, I think Sheeple have a mixture of both guns and melee weapons! They are limited to one-handed weapons only, so although they can use them, they cannot craft their own two-handed weapons. they have a mixture between powerful, low fire-rate steampunk hand-cannons, and medium damage, medium swing swords for taking out small monsters and finishing off enemies. This adds another uniqueness to this race, and there is one more listed below!

THE LORE!!
    THIS NEEDS WORK!
    comment below what you think it should be, because this is literally just a space-filler. Warriors from an unknown realm, the Sheeple are here to fulfill their irrational-goals of kicking-ass so they can become gods. Given nothing but the knowledge of steampunk engineering and their own wits, they have to go through manhood, which, for a Sheeple, means saving an entire galaxy. some try and escape from their warrior-god fates by building civilization, and living amongst the other races in peace. Sheeple are quick-witted and clever, but rarely show this trait, because they crack under pressure, and when you are being watched by your ancestor sheep-warrior-gods, a stowaway trying to escape your supposed fate, you have plenty of pressure. The Sheeple are either forced to risk their lives fighting, or escaping the wrath of their unfair rulers.

The Sheeple race is of course only a dream, and it needs a full set of armor and weapons, but I think it's actually a pretty solid idea. This race can be taken seriously, but I also think it could be a silly race to add the extra fun into the game. thanks for reading all the way through, unless of course you didn't. then... go think about your actions.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    toby109tt and endertrot like this.
  2. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

Alpacas are only a "race" in the sense that there's a human wearing a three-piece costume that completely obscures all of his original physiology. There are two different alpaca options for each of head, body, and legs. One of them is the "alpaca costume" (one of the alpaca dialogues lampshades this by asking if he looks like he's wearing a costume), the other is the unobtainable-for-players "alpaca guard" set. The game mix-and-matches these and scrambles the color options to achieve the appearance of alpacas.
    Also, the latest nightly build has a frozen-steampunk minibiome, not sure if that changes anything.
    That said, a Sheeple race might be good for a few cheap laughs.

3. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

Right. I forgot about that. it's the arms that were always strange to me, then I think and remember: Oh wait, it's just an Irish guy pretending to be an alpaca. anyway, I think there is an alpaca costume option. for the sheep, or, Sheeple, that's exactly the goal! They are capable of having a serious gameplay, but they can also be used for a good laugh! I need to finish editing the post, adding and taking out, making it easier to understand and more polished, do you have any ideas, maybe a sheep pun, or an option for character customization? I'm open to ideas, this is just a rough sketch.

(side note: if you want alpacas for your colony try pure cobblestone things. stone doors, stone tables, stone chests, and a plain torch. it will attract an "alpaca" that can/will fight monsters)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    toby109tt likes this.
  4. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

Extra
    Ship pet: chinchilla (look it up, they're adorable)
    Ship type: Steampunk. (Of course)

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Down forget the Larva people. http://starbounder.org/Larva_Set

6. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to dwell on things, but I have comment revived this discussion because I at least want someone to try it before it's forgotten.

7. lfinn11

lfinn11 Void-Bound Voyager

I would play this race every time.

8. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

*overly dramatic sigh* does no one wants tah try? There may be flaws, but this was my first post. Anyway, as much as I try to, I'm not super active on this forum, so if someone does take the challenge of designing the race, you do not need my permission. Go ahead. I really love the different races and how they change the slightest things in the game, I think we need more. I also think we should use steampunk and have some silliness, so this idea was spawned.

9. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

No offence but there's a lot of race suggestions with more work put in, so if you want this to be a mod, you'll probably need to do it yourself.

10. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

ah. my old posts. never to be used again. if I could still edit this I might've revived the discussion with some newer, more do-able and interesting content...

edit: I can still edit this? wow... well, I think I'll just wait until someone tells me "why stop, this has such great potential!" before I try.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Hey, throw in some sprites and you've got yourself a solid idea!

12. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Will we get to yell at them to wake up while they're napping?

13. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

*ahem* thank you very much! if only someone would tell me "why stop, this has such great potential!" , that way I'd be reassured I should try and reformat and improve the idea!

14. Jareix Cryvix

Consider me as competition, as I'm already working on a steampunk race, but with lizards. :p

15. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

... do you have a discussion with your ideas in them? I'd like to see my "competition"

16. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

Beep Boop! if you're still here on this page, you should leave, because I've made a new and improved discussion that's nearly identical to this one other than a few improvements! GO GO GO!

17. Jareix Cryvix

It's old, outdated, and I haven't worked on it in forever...
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...and-crocogator-steampunkers-the-sallōk.93660/
    But that's because I'm already working on the mod off of my private lore doc. ;)
    Where?

18. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

Jareix Cryvix likes this.