Shield Generators for player use

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by JNFischer30, Feb 5, 2015.

1. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

The things which prevent the destruction of the environment, like on the Apex science labs and USMC prisons, need to be available to the players.

I've made a bunch of buildings with hidden switches and treasure boxes in them for noobs to try to find in multiplayer and it would be great if they could be prevented from just tearing everything apart. People can be jerks, so protection against that kind of griefing would be excellent.

Jappards, Roselle, Ariod400 and 3 others like this.
  2. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

That would be really helpful, in fact, I think ships should have build-in shields as well, some of my friends just mess with my stuff. Would be nice there was also an option to choose which players have permission to build or destroy when the shield is active.

Jappards likes this.
  3. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

Definitely. It's the same problem I had when I played Little Big Planet. People just want to break your stuff. I've got a home world with all kinds of cool stuff built into it. Library with a secret attic, Floating island with a Crystal cottage, a stairway built into space with a cool rainbow wood house on an asteroid. I'd like to show that stuff to people, but i KNOW some stupid troll would destroy it.

4. taikina

taikina Subatomic Cosmonaut

it will happen, i think. maybe it's related to the build progression tree that they talked about adding.

edit: i think it's a necessity for multiplayer

5. Candide

Candide Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is most definitely a necessity for multiplayer. I've seen some example of this on a server already, and i couldn't do anything to the server's starter planet. It was refreshing.

6. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

This concept is important not only for multiplayer, but for protecting builds from the elements. No more ridiculous burning villages on volcanic planets. Expand the idea to weather control, and personal shields.

I have no idea why these things are not already in place. Where's muh sci-fi?