Shields?

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Arjisaj, Dec 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see legendary shields added to the game?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2016.
  1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No, I'd rather they work on other things.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arjisaj

Arjisaj Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, as a person who tended to use 1h + shield up until endgame, I'm sad to see there is no "legendary" shield at all to be found!
    No rare chest loot, no boss drop, no craftable... It really ruins the excitement of the playstyle, when there is no "special" item to hunt for for the slot.

I'd love to see a few legendary shields added, either as random loot, or as craftable (like a Perfectly Generic Shield or something).
    It would be really cool to have some sort of special effect to those shields as well, but the main thing is to just have some form of "endgame" shield at all.

I haven't found any mods that add any special shields either, am I really the only one who plays with them?

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I feel like shields just dont get much attention because its a lot easier to just jump around to dodge enemy attacks than to purposefully stand in the way of it and take a hit.

3. Arjisaj

Arjisaj Void-Bound Voyager

I tend to do both. I try to dodge attacks, but if I mess up and get hit, my shield saves me.
    And if there were special effects on hard-to-get shields, it could open up new play styles altogether. Just as an example, imagine a shield that shoot out a blast of damage whenever it took too much damage? Or a shield that gave you a slight HP regen while shielding?
    It just feels like, as you say now, shields are quite useless, but I think they have real potential.

4. flopadoops

flopadoops Seal Broken

yeah, shields are pretty useless atm, especially end game. It'd be great to see more of em.

5. LtBlujay

LtBlujay Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to see legendary shields. I agree, shields have a lot of unused potential.