1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Ship upgraded to another races ship, how to rollback saves. [FIXED]

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Smug_Mug, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Smug_Mug

Smug_Mug Void-Bound Voyager

Just had this happen. Started the game out as a Florian, upgraded the ship to tier 3, and later decided to change my race to a human by manipulating the files. Just upgraded my ship to tier 4 and it upgraded to the human ship instead, now my items are stuck below in the rooms that no longer exist. I did back up my player file before messing with the files, but that was over 15 hours of gameplay ago. Is there any way to roll back my save 10 or 15 mins? from before I did the ship upgrade?
    picturepost.PNG

2. Smug_Mug

Smug_Mug Void-Bound Voyager

I found a fix for this, and thought I should post it here in case anyone else makes this mistake.
    The reason this bug happened is because when you upgrade your ship, it upgrades it based on your current race. All you need to do, is change your race back, and upgrade it again, using admin commands to spawn in pixels and upgrade modules.

From here you can either keep the upgraded ship, or do the next step.

The main issue in the image above is that my items are inaccessible, due to invisible walls. Start by doing the above solution so you can get to them, and move all your items to a planet. Create a new character of the race you want the ship to be. Use admin commands to spawn in needed items, and make your way to the Outpost. Once at the outpost, progress to the point of getting the mining facility quest, and use admin commands to skip it. You can now buy the counterfeit ship license, and upgrade your ship to the desired level. Quit the game and navigate to your player folder. copy the name of the .shipworld file of your old character, paste it onto a copy of the .shipworld file of your new character and overwrite. your old character should have the same ship as the new one, and you can move your items back onto the new ship.

sorry if this method seems overly complicated, if anyone else has a better way please share it. Personally, I just kept the upgraded ship, didn't feel like that much of a cheat, as stage 5 didn't add much. I imagine this issue can be avoided by just changing your player to the appropriate race before upgrading. hope this helps anyone else who make this mistake.