1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Shipworld is corrupt

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by dlukz, Jan 25, 2020.

1. dlukz

dlukz Space Spelunker

Hello all, I had my starbound world crash randomly a while ago and I don't know why. It seems to only crash when I go to my Ship which is a problem because that is where my player is loading. I confirmed this by moving my shipworld, and it beamed me in to an empty ship. I then teleported to a planet saved, restored the shipworld, then teleported back and it crashed again. As you can see in the error this is all i have to go on. looking at other post I can dump the JSON of some of the save files using dump_versioned_json.exe, however this works for my player, not my shipfile(as seen below)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32>dump_versioned_json.exe ..\storage\player\ff6b50a99636433475d78486145b57dd.shipworld ff6b50a99636433475d78486145b57dd.shipworld.json
    Error! Caught exception (IOException) Wrong magic bytes at start of versioned json file, expected 'SBVJ01'
    [0] 680f4a
    [1] 67fec8
    [2] 695e8d
    [3] 642074
    [4] 69d859
    [5] 766d6359 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [6] 76f37b74 RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
    [7] 76f37b44 RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32>

I did install some mods:
    Stackable, Non-Perisable Food
    Compact Crops,
    Paralax Removal(FPS Booster)
    Enhanced Storage
    Perennial Crops

Here is a pastebin of my Starbound.log https://pastebin.com/2tdMVHmZ

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am pretty sure it is something to do with the Radiant Light but I cannot figure out how to open my shipworld to fix that

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Did you remove a mod before the issue started to happen? I've seen the radiant light issue a few times already and it almost always happened when a mod was removed.