1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Frackin Universe be Official?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tails230, Aug 25, 2020.

?

Should the Frackin Universe Mod be Officially part of Starbound?

1. Yes! The More content the better!

23.5%
  2. No! I like Vanilla Starbound!

76.5%
  1. tails230

tails230 Phantasmal Quasar

You know. Its been forever since we've seen any updates or any news on any New Starbound content.

Its very sad because Starbound has so much potential. There could've been more.
    The Frackin Universe sort of fills that void with its large amount of content.

Since the Creators seem to not care about Starbound anymore, You think they should just make Frackin Universe a Official update for Starbound and let them deal with the Starbound updates?

Like how Binding of Isaac: Antibirth became a official thing for the original Isaac Rebirth game.

The Frackin Universe could help the game continue to keep living with people who have the heart to keep the game living with new content every so often.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

No. FU sounds like more content and stuffs, but it's not entirely polished. Many of its content doesn't match up with one another (like its art for instance). It would also overwhelmed the game with such huge content (many content is great, but too much only tired its player). Also, many of its lore break and mess with the original lore, making the game less PG-13 (not saying the game is for kids only, or that I like kids-friendly game, but I prefer a PG-13 game to stay the way they are).

Well, at least that's from my point of view and experiences.
    And that's not true. CF cares about their employee's mental health. Therefore, CF won't force them to make constant update that would endanger their health (doing stuff like this is hard you now). Anyway, CF is currently waiting for the game's Xbox porting. They will not do any update unless the porting is done. BlitWorks is the one handling it (probably you can blame the delay of the update on them).

Besides, I think there is no problem in FU staying to be a mod. People who don't like FU will not be disturbed and can stay in their beloved vanilla and its original content, while people who like FU and wants more fun and chaos in the game, can simply download the mod here or on Steam Workshop. Everyone will not be at disadvantage. Everyone wins.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Windtalkers and Armok like this.
  3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The social category is not for games that have their own forum. Please mind where you are posting.

4. tails230

tails230 Phantasmal Quasar

Oh right. Sorry. Its been 3 years since I've been on these Forums since there hasn't been anything happening for Starbound.

5. Daikon Ocelot

I used to be like you. I complain a lot to them about the lack of update and the game having a performance issue. But they do have a point.

6. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I'm with Moor Al-Malik here, they've pretty much said the same things I would. Honestly the idea of adding FU to the base game is a lot like those "Frequently asked features" minecraft has, and I'm talking about things like guns and emerald or obsidian equipment, things that break the spirit of the game and are things the dev will simply never do out of principle (and the fact they're asked far too much with little thought).

Windtalkers and Daikon Ocelot like this.
  7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Not to mention that adding it to the base game would break a LOT of already present mods as well as forcing all people who dont use FU to start over completely. So it is very unlikely that this will ever happen.

Armok likes this.
  8. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Heh...Frackin Universe being official will just make my pc kill itself...not to mention one-way trips...

Armok likes this.
  9. Xanadu

Xanadu Big Damn Hero

Uh no, Xbox version was finished but they couldnt get the multiplayer to work right. Using that as an excuse is ridiculous as to why theres no updates. Consider this game dead.

10. Daikon Ocelot

If its multiplayer is not working properly yet, then we cannot consider it as finish then.

Armok likes this.
  11. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

and where is this information coming from? CF aren't even the ones doing the porting, if anything they have a nice scapegoat if the xbox port doesn't pan out, but they're above that kinda shit :p
    and honestly, you can't call a game dead if it's currently not getting updates, people were saying the same thing between the 1.3 and 1.4 updates. A game's only dead when literally no one plays it, and by that objective milestone SB is far from dead

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Windtalkers, Ickura, Pangaea and 2 others like this.
  12. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

Aye, if they decided that FU would become official, then they should tweak it a bit. Y'know, so it fits the chucklefish standard more.

(I'm not saying FU is baed!!11!, i'm just saying that few tweaks in and far between would be necessary)

13. Daikon Ocelot

"Few" is too generous. Make it like a "lot." There's like a tons of stuffs there.

And I don't think tweaking that much is a good option. Why not just make a new whole thing? In my opinion, tweaking it, is just like trying to edit a huge pack of content that is totally unknown for the one who wants to make edits of it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Windtalkers, Ickura and Armok like this.