Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Thought I'd try something different.
    ModernOffice.png
    A very modern apartment. (Just a currently unused shed really)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • belia-

belia- Space Hobo

Its not actually my current farm, but this is my future plans because im crazy farmer :/
      I dont know if this a good layout, this is the minimazed farm design to get tons dirt to plan crops.
      [​IMG]

Roskii Heiral likes this.
      • vaporwavemilk

vaporwavemilk Tentacle Wrangler

everyone here has a gorgeous farm im legit proud of every single one of you

ephemeraltoast likes this.
        • plagueborn667

plagueborn667 Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
          Best i can do from xbox :)

ephemeraltoast, nevyn21 and ManaUser like this.
          • justanotherinternetuser

justanotherinternetuser Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
            This is my Riverland farm goal. The shed in front of the dock is a placeholder for the multiplayer house (assuming they're both the same size) and there's supposed to be a silo next to the barn, but I guess I can't put a silo there. I know it isn't optimal, but I prefer making pretty farms rather than efficient farms.

sari90 and Honeywell like this.
            • Honeywell

Honeywell Phantasmal Quasar

Update #4

[​IMG]

Honeydale Farm end of Spring, Year 3

A few more tweaks/nit picky things I want to add/change/do but I think I'm pretty happy with how everything looks and functions so I'm just about finished designing this farm... I think. Maybe. :)

• kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

LOL

almost the same ideea with the shed on the top right:))..it's not a bad farm...:)..mine looks better:))..tbh, i don't like the trophy on grandpa shrine..seems out of place:)..but, you have a good ideea with the stable positioning

• kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

damn, everybody has the same ideea with the fishing shed:)) near the small pond

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What an absolutely lovely farm! All your shed interiors are just gorgeous too! There's no wasted space, and I can really see all the love you put into your farm.

• IcesMoon

IcesMoon Void-Bound Voyager

Hope to see your fishing shed and your farm. :)
                      Thanks a lot. I wish there would be more space on the upcoming update since I have the idea of making word art (may be the worms love it too). I really think a nice farm with a good story will be the best.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
                      • maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, I guess it's time to post my farm! It's not the prettiest or the most optimized, but for a first try I'm pretty pleased with my little Stramble Hill Farm:
                        Farm_map.png
                        Seen here at the end of Fall, Year 5. I've accomplished almost all of my goals, and am now just content to amble along to 10 million for that Gold Clock.
                        The numbers on the map represent:
                        1. General processing shed for preserves and misc. keg products
                        2. Storage shed
                        3. Wine shed for starfruit wine
                        4. Truffle barn
                        5. Stramble Hill Geology Museum (hat tip to @Seismothesaurus for the excellent idea!)
                        6. Blue chicken coop

My farmhouse, featuring my own little natural history/cultural museum collection:
                        Farmhouse.png

More pictures behind the cut:

greenhouse.png
                        Inside the Greenhouse

storage_shed.png
                        The Storage Shed, with all the homey clutter of mid-century suburbia

processing_shed.png
                        The Processing Shed, bringing you the best product straight from ~~Spaaace~~

wine_shed.png
                        The Wine Shed, where I make the big bucks

cellar.png
                        A productive Cellar full of Starfruit Wine

Stramble_Hill_Museum2.png
                        Stramble Hill Geology Museum, my pride and joy

murder_skittles3.png
                        And who could forget my precious little murder skittles!

Thanks for taking a look at my home away from home!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
                        • newaccount

newaccount Space Hobo

Oh my god, this is the most beautiful farm I have ever seen. I have to sign up just to express my love to your farm. Everything looks grogeous, amazing and nice together. I’m sorry to say that my farm is like shit as compared to yours.

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Not much to "show off" compared to the plethora of masterpieces in this thread, but I like to just fool around and do whatever takes my fancy any day without too many concrete plans, particularly when it comes to designing a farm with heavy infrastructure. Had decent luck with items from the Travelling Cart in this game, however, so managed to complete the CC in early Spring year 2 (only lacked truffle), and finished the Greenhouse in year 1.

Not sure what to do in terms of layout, where to move the barn and coop and such, but it's a start, and at least I have some iridium sprinklers now (1 inside the Greenhouse too). Quite like the meteorite, so think I'll let it be and maybe build a fence around it or something down the line. Like the mushroom trees too (can only see two in my game, so guess the third is a sapling there, and upload farm portrays it as fully grown). Am trying to give them room to expand, so hopefully it will be a big mushroom forest after a while.

This is on Spring 20th, Year 2.
                            [​IMG]

The link is here: https://upload.farm/1F7cEs

Finally took the leap and built a pack of preserve jars, so the money is starting to roll in. Felt a bit pointless to just keep selling raw resources. Should get some kind of system going, and build more infrastructure, but don't want to turn this fun game into boring 'work' either, so don't want to go totally nuts with it.

Have got quite a few fruit trees in the greenhouse, but not a great deal of crops (can't be bothered to keep watering them). Have got 3 ancient fruits growing, though, which I'll look to expand with the seed maker. One iridium sprinkler with strawberries too, plus a small section with sweet gem berries.

ephemeraltoast and Honeywell like this.
                            • laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

This is Valentia farm from my PS4, on day 18 of Fall (Year 3) and after 97 hours of gameplay with Farmer Laurence. I'm really fussy about how my farm looks, so I'm constantly changing parts here and there, and then deciding I don't like it, haha. :)

farm 1.jpg farm 3.jpg farm 2.jpg farm 4.jpg farm 5.jpg

Other people's farms look so lovely and professional. <3

ephemeraltoast and teubv like this.
                              • Pangaearocks

97 hours? Didn't you just buy the game? :eek:

Looks very good so far. Little difficult to get a good mental picture since you can't upload the full thing, but it looks good :)

Are those the original tools btw? You can upgrade them in Clint's place. Or maybe you have the steel tools, I don't recall their exact colours.

Am working on a redesign of mine, posted above, but it's kind of WIP at the moment so will wait a little before uploading. Quite like what I did to the Grandpa area.

laurav likes this.
                                • laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

That's quite the compliment! Thanks! I'd have loved to have had my farm look like that after only a couple of days of play. Yeah no, I've had my PS4 version since last year, but I've only just bought the game on the Switch. And yeah, those would be a steel axe and hoe, an iridium watering can and a gold pick-axe.

Looking forward to seeing your redesign! I liked how chill and natural your other one looked. :)

• BuildingBridges

BuildingBridges Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3rd of spring, year 5. Definitely not the most efficient farm in the world, but it serves me well.

[​IMG]

• Pangaearocks

Mid-Summer Year 3.

Have put some structure in place on the farm now, and put some fruit trees here and there. The ones west of the house are fresh and the apple trees by Grandpa have just matured.

Too much land to farm everything, so I'm glad the mushrooms are spreading quite nicely. Money is rolling in anyway. Ancient fruit in the greenhouse, and I've got some starfruit waiting for room in the kegs. Could have more kegs and jars, but there are probably around 30-40 of each in the two barns. One for kegs and one for jars.

[​IMG]

Not sure what to do with the rest of the land yet, but I'm thinking about putting two sheds north of the pond.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Awesome farms!
                                        There's lot of great ideas to try :)

Here's my farm (using expansion mod, the part below has barns on one side and coops on the other, couldn't get the screenshot of that part).

Sheds to left are filled with kegs, sheds to the right are filled with preserve jars.

All trees are tappered, expected to expand mushroom part.

Didn't get a lot of storms so my battery production sucked... Was waiting for lighthing to fill with all the sprinklers and place junimo huts in the middle.... Buuuuut know there's a new release with new heart events, which I MUST see, so I'll probably start a new one from scratch..

[​IMG]

ephemeraltoast and plagueborn667 like this.
                                        • teubv

teubv Orbital Explorer

achika, plattym3, Pangaea and 2 others like this.