Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Pressouu

Pressouu Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much that's very kind :D

• Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

I recently discovered the Stardew Valley planner, so I did a complete overhaul of my main farm.

Originally, it looked like this (Year 6):

Fall Year 6.jpg

My main income used to come from crops, so I just planted as many of the most profitable multiple-harvest crops as I could without regard for a beautiful farm layout. It was starting to get tiring and I didn't like the boring (and mismatched) look of my farm.

I spent most of the next Winter redesigning the farm, and this is what it looks like now (Year 7):

Summer Year 7.jpg

I tried to keep as many buildings from my old farm as possible and rework them into the new farm layout (I hid some of the junimo huts behind the silos and the shed in case I want to use them again), but unfortunately I had to get rid of some things like the slime hutch because they didn't fit anywhere (and I immediately regretted it because I'm now short on slimes which I need for more oil makers).

Crops are now mainly for decoration and most of them aren't harvested until the end of the month (the junimo huts are turned off). My main profit comes from wine and truffle oil now. I still make more money than I need, but have more time to relax and finally enjoy walking around my farm.

The main work is now done, but the farm still needs some minor tweaks like lights and tappers. Also, I might replace the coop with another shed as I don't enjoy tending to the chickens every day (but I'm not sure yet because the coop looks nice). I also need to redesign my greenhouse since it still has some accidental-bought mismatching trees from early on that I didn't want to waste at the time.

My farm house looks like this:
      Farmhouse.jpg

It probably could do with an overhaul too, because it has looked like this since year 2 or 3, but I am not completely unhappy with it and don't have any good ideas for a redesign at the moment. Maybe I'll just make some minor adjustments.

• mrsbond

mrsbond Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, that looks great! I'm in the same situation you were - I was starting year 4, saw some of the farms people had posted here and realized I wasn't making very good use of land. So I planned it all out on Stardew Planner and now I'm working on building it. Winter is here now and so I can get to work on rearranging everything.

This is where I started (1st of Autumn, Year 4) : https://upload.farm/1GbR9J
        And this is my plan: https://stardew.info/planner/rude-cheetah-37/

Goal is just to make better use of the land and keep an efficient layout for daily chores. Hoping the pumpkin patch at the top will get some giant crops.

This is where I'm at now (7th of Winter): https://upload.farm/1Giimy

I'm married to Sebastian too :) Is it just me or does he stand around staring at the walls all day?

staarfruit likes this.
        • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Recently started a new save and since I've played so much of this game I knew exactly how to get money year 1 and I've been able to get my farm looking how I think I want it to look, thought that might change, who knows. So here's my farm and farm house in year 2 spring. <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fadedwaif, sari90, Pressouu and 3 others like this.
          • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ah, i see you have those adorable new sheep already ^^

• staarfruit

Of course! I've been downloading all of their livestock mods as kwillow uploads them on nexus, I'm also using the cows, pigs, and goats that they made but they're harder to see/aren't in this picture. They're all so cute I just need them all!

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'm exited for chickens and (if lucky) cats owo< 3

• staarfruit

I can only imagine how adorable their version of chickens and if we're lucky cats and maybe dogs would be. <3

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

^^ yeah

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• staarfruit

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Thank you!

staarfruit likes this.
                      • sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

If you don't mind me asking, where can I find the recolor of the shipping bin?

• Starbound Sailor Moon

Starbound Sailor Moon Industrial Terraformer

• sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound Sailor Moon likes this.
                        • PsiCat

PsiCat Void-Bound Voyager

Decided to give wilderness farm a try. I've been working on it a few weeks and I'm pleased with it so far.
                          [​IMG]
                          And the farmhouse.
                          [​IMG] [​IMG]

Uploaded a new picture of my farm because the winter garage was bugging me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
                          • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Hey there, that looks really nice.
                            How do you get a screenshot of the full farm that shows visual mods?
                            I’d love that but uploadfarm defaults them to vanilla...

• PsiCat

PsiCat Void-Bound Voyager

The mod Map Image Export. It's a little buggy sometime displaying all sheds with the same wallpaper and flooring, or displaying wrong season texture on the tractor mod garage, which is mine has the winter one displayed though it's the middle of spring in my farm. But, it's great for getting quick and easy images of your full farm and interiors with mods.

BentFX and Hakuna Matata like this.
                              • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for that. I tried Map Image Export once before and it gave me wonky results, so I abandoned it. I'll try it again. The most noticeable thing it did to me was render all the grass using the same sprite, so it had a horrible, repeating pattern. I only tried once... I'll try again.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
                                  PsiCat likes this.
                                • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

well i have found your avatar has to be in the place you are taking the screencap from or it is super pixely