Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Turric4n_sdw

Turric4n_sdw Space Spelunker

This is now my family.

20160327212030_1.jpg

mari3000, Biell, zcsnightmare and 7 others like this.
    • Siertes

Siertes Aquatic Astronaut

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

My melons are big :poke:

[​IMG]

I just wanted to share this triumph because I've been trying to grow big crops for ages and FINALLY MY MELONS GOT BIG.

mari3000, Yoseiri, kalel78 and 8 others like this.
      • Shajhirah

Shajhirah Master Chief

Oh hey, that just happened to me. I didn't even think it was real.
        20160329025413_1.jpg
        I guess I can finally fulfill my dreams of being a pretty princess and riding to the ball like Cinderella.

Yoseiri, Iffydust and Tamorr like this.
        • francisl92

francisl92 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the ****** up res but yeah here's my farm and still a WIP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
          • pmart4

pmart4 Space Hobo

How do you guys take those amazing ariel screenshots of the whole farm? These all look great!

• francisl92

francisl92 Void-Bound Voyager

pmart4 likes this.
            • pmart4

pmart4 Space Hobo

• LeBui

LeBui The Court

Beautiful, nice job :3

How'd you make that image?. Also how did you cover the dirt with grass as if it were a path like that? o.o

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Little Lea linked the mod where I got the grass paths from (one for every season, so if you're bothered by grass differences, you have to change).

The "screenshot" however was several screenshots sewn in together in photoshop. Each MC standing there is a screenshot :3

GeDoSaTo would do as well, but I find that it would take more time for me to figure that out than to cut and paste puzzle pieces.

LeBui likes this.
                • LeBui

LeBui The Court

Little Lea likes this.
                • Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

ahh my updated Ancient Fruit Wine Farm captured with GeDoSaTo[​IMG]

• LeBui

LeBui The Court

http://community.playstarbound.com/...ny-many-retextures-example-grasspaths.109701/
                    Looking good so far! But here's a little tip about those bee houses. You don't actually need a flower to be right next to them to get the flavored honey, (I thought the same thing for a while) you can put them a few tiles away and they'll work just fine. For proof as well as an example, here's how I made my beehouse area: [​IMG]

The flowers apply to all of the beehouses perfectly, and I like how it looks too ^^ (make sure to have a scarecrow though, or crows will eat some of your flowers like they did with a couple of mine before I put a scarecrow there xP

• LeBui

LeBui The Court

Looks great! If I could give any advice, it'd be to be careful with those fruit trees in the top left, if that grass grows into the 3x3 grid around the trees, they'll stop growing till you remove it. (though if they're fully grown, they'll produce fruit just fine no matter what surrounds them, I think.)

Ancient fruit OP! :3

• Concerned Gorilla

thanks mate I don't really pay much attention to trees just planted them to complete the community bundles

LeBui likes this.
                        • LeBui

LeBui The Court

:catface: Some pics from my farm! Criticism is welcome! :3 Let me know what you like or think could be better! :catface:

upload_2016-3-29_22-12-32.png
                          My house is quite Messy, I know xP That bowl on the floor cushion functions as our bathroom because why do none of the houses in this town not have a bathroom or even an outhouse? o~o

upload_2016-3-29_22-16-5.png
                          more mess!

upload_2016-3-29_22-17-13.png
                          The front of the house, the silo is there for convenience more than anything, because I really like being able to easily check how good I am on feed every morning on my way to check the other stuff!

upload_2016-3-29_22-20-5.png
                          Here are the coops! I didn't exactly think it through when I placed my first coop, but I managed to salvage it looks, space, and utility-wise as time went on. Left is bunnies, right is egg-layers. I keep all of the artisan processing machines inside the coops for ease of use so I harvest and process at the same time every morning as I pass through. Anything that isn't processed into cloth or mayo goes in the chest.

upload_2016-3-29_22-23-47.png
                          My area for trellis crops (created mostly just for hops) and kegs.

upload_2016-3-29_22-30-47.png
                          More of my kegs, my area for some extra crops, (no real rhyme or reason aside from wanting more farming space a while ago and having no better place to put them) and my area for tapping oak trees. Some of the oak trees have decided to go on strike and not grow for whatever reason. :lod: It's slowly driving me insane. I also wait until the harvest is ready before I put on new tappers so that all the tappers harvest at the same time, so it's not disorganized and annoying and I can do all the harvesting at the same time in one go.

upload_2016-3-29_22-37-32.png
                          Peaches! Because peaches are delicious :kitten2: and all those barrels are indeed for processing the peaches into jam, because peaches are not really worth the wait for wine when those kegs are constantly stuffed with hops and ancient fruit. Besides, peach jam is delicious too! :catface:

upload_2016-3-29_22-41-21.png
                          ...Don't ask. It's... For science. Or something...*cough*...MOVING ON! STOP LOOKING! NEXT PICTURE! X3

upload_2016-3-29_22-47-24.png
                          My beehouse area! Because bees are wonderful and honey is wonderful! :badger: My flowers got a bit messed up though because I didn't realize crows ate flowers too, but I fixed it! :badpokerface: And before you start wondering, yes, those flowers actually do apply to all of those bee houses and flavor the honey properly. Apparently the bee houses are able to access flowers from a little bit away, who knew! Oh god those slimes over on the left- MOVING ON X3

upload_2016-3-29_22-55-11.png
                          More [disorganized] fruit trees, preserving jars, and my maple syrup orchard! Natural maple syrup is way better than that disgusting processed stuff :badger:

upload_2016-3-29_22-58-53.png
                          My main area for growing crops. A fairy is the reason those cabbages in the middle are fully grown already, I just like to pick everything at the same time so I said screw it. :3 ...Hey! Stop staring at my huge melons! Next picture! :fireball:

upload_2016-3-29_23-1-44.png
                          Aminals. Again, all my processing machines are inside their respective buildings.

upload_2016-3-29_23-3-31.png
                          And for the final picture, more aminals! (FINALLY growing some dinos in that very new coop to the right, it took me aaaaaages to get a dino egg, my luck is just abysmal.) :raccoon: If you've made it this far, thanks for checking out my farm, hope you liked it! If you waaaaanna, let me know what you think! I might be able to give a full view later when I figure out some of this resolution stuff but I wasn't able today because I'm really sick and my thoughts are all over the place and I'm pretty dizzy :party:

Welp at least I finally got around to posting this so if I die my legacy has been shared! X3

• Concerned Gorilla

wow that's one good farm I see your a keg fan too haha nice to see some brewing buddies

LeBui likes this.
                            • LeBui

LeBui The Court

Fair enough! :up: that's as good a reason as any, it's why I initially started planting my orchard as well, in the top left corner.

Also thanks for the comment on my farm, yeah, my farm definitely is a bit of a brewery at this point :p
                              Pale ale and Ancient Fruit/Starfruit wine are so good! (pale ale brews a lot faster than wine and has some very good value, so I do a bit of that in the summer. It's excellent for early-game when ancient fruit and starfruit aren't available, but I still do it as a sort of tradition at this point :3)

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Don't have a screenshot of it, but I found a nice little tip with Silos: You can fit exactly 4 silos (which is more than enough for 1 deluxe barn and coop) in the space between Grandpa's Shrine and that indent south of it, if you stack them up against each other. It's far out of the way and doesn't take up space in the middle of your farm.