Size Matters

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Bonabopn, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I upgraded my matter manipulator to max! Yay! But now everything gets destroyed whenever i touch anything.
    I think players should be able to change the size of their MM freely after unlocking the requisite size upgrades.
    I am aware that the shift key shrinks the radius to 1x1, but sometimes you really need a 4-block-high tunnel - and mining sixteen blocks individually gets tiring.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Jappards and LilyV3 like this.
  2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

The only thing you can do (And I think you know this already bon-bon) is to hold Shift. It makes the area from 3x3 to 1x1. Nothing inbetween though

3. Bonabopn

Yes, i should mention that i know that, but 1x1 is too small often

4. Hel

Maybe a toggle between 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 would be okay I guess. I mean it would help with architects making their buildings better.

Qbi Wan likes this.
  5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yes would be great to have a size changing button soemtimes you just want a 2x2 and sometimes a 3x3 now doing that with the only 1x1 option is a bit annoying.

6. Bonabopn

It could be done really easily. You could tie it into the upgrade menu, and just switch between them like the tech menu.

7. Hel

Or every time you press Shift it changes between them, to change just toggel between them. Like the Paint tool how you cycle between the colours.

8. Ice Coldas

Ice Coldas Orbital Explorer

I found the digging size a bit annoying too. I was looking to dig out a 1 tile high row out of the back wall, but taking out one tile at a time seems incredibly tedious.

I would suggest more options for upgrading the Matter Manipulator; One upgrade to allow you to edit which tiles should be dug out, which you can select using a grid. Perhaps two more upgrades that extend the grid size (But not the amount of blocks you dig out!) by 1, so you could select a 7x2 digging pattern, for example at maximum upgrades.

It would also be incredibly helpful if these features would be used for placing blocks and the Paint tool too!

9. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why not hold Shift to enter "modify Manipulator" mode? Scroll-wheel to increase or decrease the size of the working area in 1x1 increments.

Jappards likes this.