NPC Slaves

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by DuskrunnerX, Jul 29, 2013.

1. DuskrunnerX

DuskrunnerX 2.7182818284590...

Perhaps then, for the sake of sensitivity it would be more appropriate to use something along the lines of 'minion' or 'follower'.

2. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Call forced workers something else, say they're working volunteerishly (not a word, dumb Core)
    [​IMG]

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You can probably call them slaves if they're not "owned" by the player, but acquiring them makes them your minion. Maybe freeing them will make them willingly want to help you.

"Indentured servants" is a good one.

DuskrunnerX, Core and Servilus like this.
  4. DuskrunnerX

Sounds like they have a poor dental plan..

5. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Realized my genius picture was too small
    Edit: Geniusness remooooved
    Gosh now it's too big, I think I'll just stop now...

6. Servilus

Servilus Big Damn Hero

Just put in in a spoiler, can keep the size, but won't mess up people's screens.

Jonesy likes this.
  7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

No, it's actually a term used. It's not technically slavery, but it is locking someone into a bond (normally as a result of debt). They are, however, freed and paid after a set term. Even so, they are subject to physical punishment and are governed by both their owners and the court.

DuskrunnerX and Servilus like this.
  8. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, learnt this the hard way. Thanks for the info :oops:

9. DuskrunnerX

I've used the term 'Indentured servant' as an edit in my first post as a review for the title.

A cookie for your effort Core :cookie:

Jonesy and Core like this.
  10. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh why, thank you, I feel a bit better now :)

DuskrunnerX likes this.
  11. I'd like to make this a mod!

12. IronLotus

IronLotus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WANT. I will gain the trust of the slavers and then in a sick and twisted turn of events I will free the slaves and give them whips to lash the slavers with. :rainbow:
    I'm an absolutely wonderful person :DD

Jonesy and Servilus like this.
  13. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

I think you're confusing games here guys... You were, unfortunately, right to assume that it would get people butt-clenching hard because it's a game that's more cartoony, silly, and hence it MUST BE CHILD FRIENDLY RAAAAAAWR... But no seriously this is a game that's gonna have a much larger child audience than any of the example games, hence you get another breed of grown up in the mix, not the responsible and intelligent childless adult we all know and love, but the one who's got a kid, and therefore, anything that even HINTS at anything that could be slightly construed into some negative construction in their childs upbringing, is evil.
    Also known as a parent. Often these are the adults that throw the hissy fit, not the kind of people who play Civ 5 or TES/Fallout

Marry me.