Slime farm trick that might kind-of be cheating.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rekeaki, Mar 14, 2016.

1. rekeaki

rekeaki Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I just got a slime farm and I dont yet have the ring Gil gives you after killing 1000 slimes that makes you immune......but I have discovered that I simply have to build a fence inside the slime farm that locks them all into side of the room and I can fill the water troughs without anything touching me. Even though none of the slimes can ever reach the water they still drink it normally and dont complain. I also set up a gate system so that new slimes born from the incubator can be herded into the holding pen safely.

....it feels kind of like cheating and I think it might be.....is this a bug?

• Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

I wouldn't consider this cheating or a bug. It's being ingenious.

lolyeahgames likes this.
      • Misledz

Misledz 2.7182818284590...

Please explain with a video, would gladly thumbs it up.

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

its like quantum physics class all over again!

......but with the farmer instead of maxwell's demon and slimes instead of air molecules.

• xnoirel

xnoirel Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Don't need a video, it should be clear enough on how to do it, lol. It can be a royal pain in the butthole tho, if you already have shitload of slimes. I took a while trying to push them into the edge while having myself barricaded, lol

loviebeest likes this.
            • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

...That is rather ingenious, yeah, heh.

Also...black slimes? I don't think I've seen those in the game...I've seen purple, and many different shades of green, blue and read...but no black... =x

• xnoirel

xnoirel Big Damn Hero

Lol, it used to be all purple, until the darn witch came and curse my hutch... so all of em became black... ~.~ my hard work from farming for purple slime eggs were all gone T_T

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

...I didn't even know the witch could do that, haha.

Do black slimes drop anything special, like the void chickens do (I kinda wish you could make mayonnaise from the void chicken eggs though, haha =x)?

• xnoirel

xnoirel Big Damn Hero

I heard they drop coal upon death... I haven't kill any of em yet...

• lolyeahgames

lolyeahgames Void-Bound Voyager

In my humble opinion, it's far from cheating. You're simply being efficient, good on you! I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty if I were you. I'm not one to brag, but I've made over 5 million dollars on my farm and I rarely play. Wanna know how? I just made good, profitable decisions every day of every season. I might try out your little slime strategy myself. ;)