1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Slime Is Awful

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RadioMelon, Aug 4, 2016.

1. RadioMelon

RadioMelon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it just me?

My character reached the slime biome and there was a LOT of slime to dig through.

So much, in fact, that despite how much slime that I mine out it just seems to keep coming?

It makes it really hard to make it to the core of the planet, and mind you this is a new character on the first world.

If there's an easier way to do this, please tell me.

2. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Biomes are not layered over the entire planet. You can start digging on another part of the planet and you probably won't run into the same biomes.

Your options are to keep digging and get through by brute force digging, or you can go around the slime like so.

3. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're not wrong though the slime biome is pretty annoying. Fortunately as the poster above said it's easy to avoid. No need to go through it unless you're looking for biome specific things.

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

its also some of the biomes being WAY too huge when you compare the biome size to the planet size that sometimes means a large area of an entie planet is made of slime, hardly makes sense

5. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

After getting trapped under a slime wave of blocks and losing air, I don't bother mining slime anymore. It's not worth the effort and you have to be extremely careful if you don't have an breathing EEP. I'd just avoid them overall.

6. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

I did try to go through slime one time. Gave up after a few minutes.
    It's a little excessive.