RELEASED Slimehutch interior reworked for machine house w/basement

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tj724, Sep 21, 2016.

1. tj724

tj724 Guest

I do not use the slime hutch for breeding slimes in my game,so I remade the interior to be an upscale machine house.I have removed all slime related items except for the egg incubator in the top left tile (did not know how to erase it) and added a small basement storage area.The base I started with was the Extended SlimeHutch 1.1 By QuantumConcious. Place the slimehutch.xnb into the maps folder of Stardew Valley. upload_2016-9-20_20-49-27.png

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
      Coolwyngs, staarfruit and viovasvi like this.
    • MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Awesome work! I will give it a try tomorrow. Thank you.

tj724 likes this.
      • tj724

tj724 Guest

Thank you! :) This is my very first mod so I hope to get some good reviews on it.

• Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

This is really cool! I didn't like the original slime hutch very much, i mean it looks like a creepy dungeon and it didn't seem to fit the farm, so this helps a lot! Thank you for making it<3

tj724 likes this.
          • tj724

tj724 Guest

You're very welcome! :) I've needed this for a long time and was happy with the way it turned out for me and I wanted to share it. If you have a special request (color/theme) I will do my best to make it for you <3

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

quick question I should have asked last night but wasn't in my right mind when I posted. You stated that your base was the extended slime hutch, will this layout work for the vanilla slime hutch?

• Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

Thanks for the offer, right now i'm okay with it so don't worry, but i'll consider it!

tj724 likes this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Ooh I like this, I actually use slime hutches for a brewery and machine house so this would be perfect!

tj724 likes this.
                  • tj724

tj724 Guest

It should work fine,It just extends the room to the right basically doubling the interior size.If this doesn't work for some reason,I could make you a vanilla version.

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                    • tj724

tj724 Guest

I plan on maximizing the main room in a future update giving about 3 more usable tiles past where I added the fruit boxes.I am also working on a basic barn interior remade for a machine/storage house.It will be very rustic.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                      • LuthienNightwolf

More space is never a bad thing in this game. haha I'm waiting for my kegs to finish their current batch so I can remove everything from both hutches before I switch my files out, just in case.

tj724 and MoonlitBrenya like this.
                        • tj724

tj724 Guest

This is an updated variant with the main room maximized and a few minor changes (lighted windows).

Attached Files:

staarfruit likes this.
                          • tj724

tj724 Guest

A preview of my next project,Barn 1 interior re-texture. Feedback welcomed :)

Attached Files:

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid that removing the incubator requires SMAPI, as it gets added dynamically and thus needs to also be removed dynamically.

• LuthienNightwolf

So long as things are symmetrical I'm happy. I like to have the same amount of machines on both sides.

I'm not sure what all I'd want to change for the barns (I'm only using them for the cows), so I don't really have any useful feedback for that right now, but I like what you did with the slime hutch and will definitely be using it on my farm. I think that little section of wall will be a great spot to store some chests as well, and I'll have to think of something creative to do with the little basement area. Could be a good furnace/smelting area. Lots of versatility. :)

tj724 likes this.
                                • tj724

tj724 Guest

Thank you! There are many options for the basement and the midway room makes a good storage area. As for the barns,I have 2 deluxe barns that are fully operational for cows,goats,etc. and I have one starter barn that uses the layout I posted above. That layout is only for barn1,If you upgraded to level 2 it would be the usual vanilla version.

• LuthienNightwolf

I'll share some pictures here once I get it switched out and set up. :)

tj724 likes this.
                                    • tj724

tj724 Guest

Great! I'd love to see pictures of it in use on your farm ! :)

• sabrinatw

sabrinatw Phantasmal Quasar

Love this so much! Just about to add it onto my farm - awesome job :)

tj724 likes this.
                                        • tj724

tj724 Guest

sabrinatw likes this.