RELEASED [SMAPI 0.40+] Chest Pooling/ GateOpener/ ToolCharging

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by mralbobo, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mralbobo

mralbobo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't think that's coming from my stuff, since I don't recall touching "hover" at all...

For what it's worth I'm reasonably sure the only "user event" it should (indirectly) respond to is clicking an item in your inventory while a chest is open. In which case the only way the mod could be the cause that I can think of would be if it's somehow corrupting inventory, which would probably have a few more obvious side effects.

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Thanks, my guess is it's a problem with SMAPI itself. Weird how no one else is having the problem though. I will remove Instant Geode because it's the only other mod I could see editing anything to do with chests that I have installed.

• btownbizzles

btownbizzles Void-Bound Voyager

You're not the only one with the problem. My friend and I have both had crashes in the past 24 hours when adding items to chests. It's strange though, because it's not all the time. It will only happen every once in a while. I can add dozens of different items to stack in multiple chests with no issues, but on one seemingly random occasion, it will crash the game. No crashes since we uninstalled chest pooling though. It's a great mod and I really miss it though.

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I don't want to get my hopes up but "SMAPI-0.40.1.1-2" might have fixed it. I was using "0.40.1.1". I will report back if it happens again but fingers crossed, the SMAPI creator claims it's not on his end though. I've learned to sleep and do inventory management in the mornings, or risk losing an entire day.

Pretty sure I am just getting lucky, and it is probably caused by Chest Pooling, it's the only mod installed that makes sense and if this was a SMAPI issue then we'd see tons of people posting about it over there.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
          • mralbobo

For what it's worth, that new version of the api "helps", in the sense that it won't crash, just spew errors.

Replicated...
            Apparently the game code has been updated to recreate the chest inventory menu after every remove operation and rely on that elsewhere. So...mine does the same now. See main post for updated version.
            Hooray for inefficiency!

https://github.com/mralbobo/stardew-chest-pooling/releases/tag/release-1.2.0

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
            • Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Thank you so much!

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Omg this sounds so useful. I'm going to finish my current day and then add this. Will let you know if anything goes wrong, but hopefully it's smooth sailing haha.

• Sameow

Sameow Void-Bound Voyager

Is the latest update still compatible with the Chests Anywhere mod? Would love to try this out :)

• mralbobo

Maybe?
                    The testbuild that supported it pre-1.1 was rolled into the latest update. So unless something else changed it should still work in theory.

• fratelliforever

fratelliforever Aquatic Astronaut

Regarding the Tool charging mod, how do you change the charging speed?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

There is a config file where you can change the charging speed. If there isn't one, start up the game and it should generate one.

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

FYI:

GateOpener is throwing errors in Startdew 1.2 beta.

ChestPooling and GateOpener is throwing a notice of code being used that no longer exists in SMAPI 1.9.

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Paging @mralbobo ... :)

• mralbobo

Have to test beta's now too?
                              <_<

Here's some new builds with the supposed updated smapi stuff:
                              https://github.com/mralbobo/stardew-chest-pooling/releases/tag/1.3
                              https://github.com/mralbobo/stardew-tool-charging/releases/tag/1.1
                              https://github.com/mralbobo/stardew-gate-opener/releases/tag/1.2

In theory this should fix the smapi 1.9 issues (if the migration guide can be trusted). Don't have time to break out the beta and figure out changes in the core game code.
                              Based on that and the previous post, pooling and charging will... "probably" work.
                              Gate opener "probably" won't.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
                                Androxilogin likes this.
                              • Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Haha well now I feel bad, I was just giving a heads up that they'll need to be updated when it goes live. No rush until then. :)

• mralbobo

Heh, probably no reason to feel bad. Honestly didn't even know there was a beta.
                                  Is always just a touch annoying to need to update your code because the other code yours depends on has changed. Especially being so out of the loop and having to remember the hell the code is doing again.

Feel free to let me know if my "theoretical" fixes actually fixed things.

• Tarnadas

Tarnadas Intergalactic Tourist

I get an error with your mod using the latest SMAPI

Attached Files:

• mralbobo

I mean...based on the log you posted, you did not. No errors at all as far as I can see...

Also, I'm not officially supporting the stardew beta (which I think is all 1.9 supports). The builds I posted above might work.

• Tarnadas

Tarnadas Intergalactic Tourist

Oops sorry ^^
                                        I just uploaded the wrong file. Here it is...
                                        Maybe you could still look into this as Pathoschild told me it is an error of the mod.
                                        Regards

Attached Files:

660316 Big Damn Hero