WIP [SMAPI 0.40+] Gift & Talked To Reminder / Dynamic Weather / Quick Travel + More

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Awesome_Chicken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Awesome_Chicken

Awesome_Chicken Poptop Tamer

Winter has snow, But the same wind logic applies. And yes, I did purposely leave leaves out of winter. (Also left out in-game but it is possible to add them in).

I'm changing the chances of weather occurrences now. Changing the emote for Wind, Forgot to change that back to what I had previously.

I'll also have a look into seeing if those sort of animation changes are possible.

Latest Download has decreased weather changes / less chance of lightning.

https://goo.gl/Hpxivu

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i was still testing your previous version, not the one i quoted. but maybe there is the same bug:
      it was like... idk 10 pm? then it suddenly started to rain and it was day again. the clock said: 11 : 00 am. when it stopped raining, it got suddenly night again and the clock said 12 : 30 pm. there is a time change bug related to weather change. idk if that bug exists in your newer version too

EDIT: uh nevermind my bad. its still in the morning. but still: the sky went dark. i entered house and left, and it changed to normal daylight again.

• Awesome_Chicken

Yes, That's the bug im trying to fix.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

oh i see. good luck :) i will do some more tests tomorrow

• Awesome_Chicken

Thanks, I tried replicating the problem again it seems to be a bit random, Going to do some more testing later.

I updated the .zip the weather changes are significantly lowered. Bug still exist though.

-----

Another idea to add to the list is adding a bathroom, I know other mods exist but they are xnb edits which i don't want to force.

> Adding option for Robin for bathroom (Need to check if it's actually possible, if not, I'll look into events.

[​IMG]

The bathroom I want to add to the house. I don't want to make any xnb edit's either so there will be a set warp point inside the farm house which can be set by you in the config file which means you can make your own changes to the farm house.

I also want to make an automated farmer. Will look into possibilities.

XaviiKinz and Superior_s like this.
            • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Would you help someone whos already doing the bathroons to set something up together then? Hes using custom tilesheets and able to put furniture in there.

• Awesome_Chicken

Ah, I should have taken a look, If he's already got something going I'll probably leave this part of the project alone. But I still want to see if the Robin part is still doable.

Superior_s and taintedwheat like this.
                • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I think it might be, which could make the game more immersive! Thanks!

Maybe storage shacks could have the same application?

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I think it would be cool if the weather would happen for varying amounts of time, sometimes for a varying amount of hours, sometimes all day. That would be super immersive, but I'm not sure how doable it is.

• zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All you need now are some tornaders that pick up your cows and sometimes you'd see Pam's trailer up in one.

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • Awesome_Chicken

Ha, I'd love to see that in the game.

It's doable, I've set weather duration's to be between 4 - 12 hours for rain, 4-8 for wind.

So you're going to get either one or both throughout the day. Although I'm going to change this up a bit so it can last all day. and has a chance of not having any weather change so it's not constantly changing weather.

_weatherDuration = WeatherDurationChance.Next(4, 8)*100;
                        _weatherStopTime = _weatherStartTime + _weatherDuration;

Stop time = time to stop weather
                        weather start time = time that it started

so stop time = weather start time + the duration which is randomized.

@tainedwheat
                        I think it could be done to any building/location being added.

Superior_s likes this.
                        • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

That's awesome! Quick question about wind during winter, does it have its own animation or does it use one of the other seasons animations?

• Awesome_Chicken

Oh when I meant both throughout the day I mean't rain then wind not both. I tried doing both, it didn't like it ;'(

The only added weather to winter was rain/lightning. So for wind it's just snow with the added chance of 'a gust of wind'.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I took it as separate weather events, lol.

I was asking about the wind because if it had its own animation for winter I was thinking about trying to making a snow loopty-loop looking animation across the ground for it.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

there is something i forgot to ask: what bout farm animals being outside and weather mods gives me rain?

• Awesome_Chicken

They'll be outside, I will look into moving them back into the building once it starts raining.

I'd like to see new weather effects too, maybe it's possible.

-------------------------------------------------------

All toggle keys have been removed, Except for Right Shift + Q which is for Quick Travelling, Will update this later to allow customized key in config.

upload_2016-4-14_21-56-4.png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
                                    Superior_s likes this.
                                  • Awesome_Chicken

Fixed Scroll Fix

[​IMG]

WIP - Gift / TALKED TO INDICATOR [ Open Key j ]
                                    https://imgur.com/a/MNqmD

Download with only Gift / Talk to indicator enabled: https://goo.gl/Rsox1j

Else check OP for full mod.

[​IMG]

---

Made a few changes to the dynamic weather mod. If it is fore cast to rain then it will continue to rain until the dynamic weather changes it. Also applies to other weathers.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
                                      XaviiKinz and Superior_s like this.
                                    • SomeoneSneaky

SomeoneSneaky Tentacle Wrangler

I think I might have found a bug with the social mod.

I'd already given Pam her two weekly gifts (so it had the two filled in buttons). 'Today' was her birthday, so I gave her a birthday gift, and now her buttons are missing altogether.

[​IMG]

• Awesome_Chicken

Oh shoot, I forgot to make some checks for that.

Are those flowers a thing I added in o.o? (Ah, I don't have an 8 heart single)

Also, I'll get onto fixing it in a bit.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
                                          Superior_s likes this.
                                        • Awesome_Chicken

Thanks for the bug report.

Has now been fixed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still want to add a bit more to this mod.

Taking a small break, But will slowly work on my other to-do list mods while I do my actual assignments ;).

XaviiKinz likes this.