WIP [SMAPI 0.40+] Gift & Talked To Reminder / Dynamic Weather / Quick Travel + More

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Awesome_Chicken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

A small bug I noticed when accessing the social mod on the farm...

http://prntscr.com/atcmed Before opening the menu...
    http://prntscr.com/atcmn0 ...and after.

Just checked, and Emily seems to warp to my farm regardless of if I activate it on the farm or in town.

Definitely love this aspect of the mod, though! I've been wanting some sort of an indicator of if I've talked to people on any given day or not.

• Awesome_Chicken

Awesome_Chicken Poptop Tamer

Whoops! I was so exhausted when i was applying the fix , Testing code left in again >_>

Updated, Sorry about that.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

whts that "display social indicators" for? didnt find out yet. or is it the "gift/talk reminder"? if so, can you tell me how to get that to work? its enabled but i cant figure out how to open the mod.

• Awesome_Chicken

You need to press "j" I'll be updating it later so you can access it from a tab within the "H" key menu.

Display Social Indicators = The Social Menu with the list of friends that you have talked to on that day or gifted or both.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

oh thanks, didnt see the previous post where you already mentioned it. just saw it a min ago.
            i tink the social indicator isnt working properly. its Pams bithday today but click "j" it doesnt say its pams birthday

edit: i dont know if it matters but: ive got already 10 hearts with pam. maybe thats why the mod thinks its not neccessary to display her birthday? just an idea, i dont know.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
            • Awesome_Chicken

Can you tell me how many gifts you had already given her for that week?

I think I may have missed it if you're only given 1.

Ah you had given 2. I'll add in a check.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i didnt give her any gifts. 0 of 2. i have still the possibility to give her 2 gifts

edit: how does the reminder actually work? if i click "j", should there be "birthday" next to the 2 squares and the "+2" ? if yes, there was no "birthday" as i as in the previous post.

or

does a message pop up in the morning to inform you bout birthday? (similar to "lucky day") -cause i didnt take attention to any pop ups

edit 2: the day before pams birthday i didnt sleep in my farmhouse. im using a mod so i have a bed elsewhere, too. could that cause a problem for the reminder?

• Awesome_Chicken

No it's not that, I didn't add enough checks, which I'll be doing now.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i saw your post before you edited it by the way. :D

• Awesome_Chicken

Okay, I'll upload the update in about 5 or later* minutes, Here's hopefully I didn't mess it up :)

Okay, All uploaded and tested, Thanks people for the reports.

You might also see "Enable Important Mail" in the options Menu, Just ignore it for now. I'm working on something.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

thanks, i will give a report when the next birthday comes :)
                        but for now: good night
                        EDIT: working now

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
                        • SomeoneSneaky

SomeoneSneaky Tentacle Wrangler

Possibly a bug:

I've got it set to pause when I switch to another window -- along with a bad memory, I also tend to have a short attention span, and sometimes just enjoy sitting there listening to the ambient sounds and music in SDV while I do other things. I don't always actively pause the game, though, but have gotten used to it auto-pausing for me when the window's out of focus.

I was playing last night, and got distracted with a video someone sent me, and didn't realize Stardew wasn't paused until night fell and the crickets came out -- I'd lost an entire day of work, even though the 'pause the game when the window is out of focus' was checked (I even unchecked and rechecked it just in case, still didn't work). The only thing I can think of is it's either the SMAPI or your Social mod -- it's the only one I've got installed, but not sure which is affecting it.

Not a major problem -- I'll just have to remember to pause the game myself. xD

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i know your problem. it happened to me too. even without a single mod running. there is a difference between "minimize the window" and "maximize another window so it overlaps stardew, but stardew isnt minimized". the second option doesnt pause the game. it will still run. first option pauses the game. dont ask me why, i have no idea. but i noticed that since i bought the game, long before i ever knew about this homepage and mods. so... i assume its not becuse of mods

• SomeoneSneaky

SomeoneSneaky Tentacle Wrangler

I play in Windowed mode, meaning Stardew isn't full screen. I don't have to minimize it to pause it, I just have to switch my computer's focus to another window. Until I started using the SMAPI and Social Mod, this would always pause the game, no matter what, but ever since then, the game keeps running.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

strange... im on window mode too. and it never paused when i changed focus while stardew was still maximized. i always needed to minimize. maybe its like that since i started to use smapi, too. idk.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
                                • Awesome_Chicken

I don't believe it's the mod, I ran SDV without my mod and the option to pause the game time still continues to run.

Running without SMAPI, the game however pauses when inactive.

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

There's something wrong with Dynamic Weather.
                                    It was a normal stormy day, i was catching some fish in the river, but suddenly day became night (or late evening). The message in the bottom-left corner said that weather changed to windy, but rain and thunder sounds didn't go away. Note it's 12:50 pm, not am.
                                    If i change location, night becomes day again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
                                    • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

For some reason the download buttons arent working D:

• catriel

catriel Void-Bound Voyager

Yes download links are broken :cry:
                                        Does anyone have the files and could upload them? I'd really like to use this mod.