RELEASED [SMAPI 1.5] CJB Automation v1.4 Beta [01-Jan-2017]

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by CJB, Mar 29, 2016.

1. CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tree taps will be added in next release.

• Skydruid

Skydruid Aquatic Astronaut

Ooooooh... that works! Good to know!

• ErusPrime

ErusPrime Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't work with charcoal kiln. I put in the wood and charcoal and it just disappears and the kiln never runs.

• mangosix0

mangosix0 Void-Bound Voyager

Wow... YOU!!! YOU...!!
          You make Don't starve Too many item mod by any chance?

• CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yup :)

• CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NEW RELEASE!!!

Changelog:

v1.3 [02-Apr-2016]

- Added Tapper
              - Added Lightning Rod
              - Fixed: Bee House incorrect output

RaulMarq likes this.
              • ExtraBlankGaming

ExtraBlankGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, how hard would it be for you to add support for separate input/output chests for sorting purposes?
                Alternatively, would it be possible to make the output get autosorted by this mod? Chest Pooling

• burelzor

burelzor Void-Bound Voyager

So apparently the tapper and Lightning Rod doesn't output the items to the adjecent chests neither diagonal, nor the ones directly connected to it idk what the problem here is exactly since i tried to destroy chest/rod and tapper and replace it but didnt seem to work for me

• sourcedog

sourcedog Void-Bound Voyager

This, please!

• tandpastatester

tandpastatester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to discuss the possibilities around using this mod.

As far as I know, the most optimal way to setup an automated production allows placing 7 machines around every chest (with diagonal pooling enabled). This includes the requirement to access the chest. Every crafting 'station' would look like this (m = machine, c = chest)

m m m
                      m c
                      m m m

Did anyone figure out a more efficient way so far?

Furthermore, I'm using this mod together with the chestpooling mod. This is a very convenient combination, but unfortunately has one downside. If I build multiple of abovementioned stations, I can only use three of them per product type (standard, silver and gold quality). This is because whenever I place a stack of products in another chest which exists in another chest, the contents will be pooled to the existing one.

Is there a way to work around this? Maybe a way to disable the pooling for certain chests or products?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

If I'm not mistaken, I read in the Chest Pooling thread that disabling pooling for certain chests is a planned feature. Until then, you have to use the right mouse button to deposit only one of the item instead of the full stack. The Chest Pooling mod is made in such a way that it won't pool if you deposit only one with the right mouse button.
                        ...I believe that if you have deposited one in the chest, you can then left-click to desposit the rest of the stack. But I'm not 100% certain of this.

• Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got an instant CTD after I put a recycling machine next to a chest with a lot of random fishing stuff in it. I can't replicate the issue though

edit: because it doesn't happen when I do it this time

• Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

is there source code available for this OP?

• Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

Much amazing, such wow. Soon we'll have ME systems on the farm :D

• tandpastatester

tandpastatester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're right. Right clicking places one item in the chest without moving it, and then you can just move the rest of the stack as a whole. Thanks for the tip, didn't think about this workaround yet.

• The DCG

The DCG Void-Bound Voyager

Sliiiimes next, yes, yes, maybe? ;) Automagically pushing from the egg press to the incubator sounds awesome.

• xjapanboy

xjapanboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

awesome! thanks.

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

any chance to get this for storm maybe? pretty please <3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

What mod are you using that you cant just switch to SMAPI?

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

my bad, wasnt here for a while but i now realized that almost every single mod switched back to smapi
                                          dont mind my request please :p

downloading all my needed mods for smapi right now ;)