RELEASED [SMAPI] Extended Minecart 1.8.1

Minecarts on your farm and in the desert!

1. IronGem

IronGem Aquatic Astronaut

Has anyone else seen or experienced the issue where farmhands on a multiplayer game are not able to travel to certain destinations? The host is able to use all unlocked destinations, and the guests can use the minecarts on the beach/desert/quarry as a starting point, but they cannot travel to those destinations (buttons are grayed out on the menu). Its odd that the 'Woods' destination works, but Beach, Desert and Quarry do not. There are no errors in the SMAPI log that I can see (host or client). Please let me know if I can provide further information.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That likely occurs because the flags EM uses to detect if those destinations have been unlocked are not set on their side (While the Woods flag is set on any player the moment they first enter there)
      @Pathoschild will likely have to look into what SDV uses to sync the unlocked state for beach, desert and quarry to those players, since clearly it isnt using the flags to do so.

paxchristos likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

In multiplayer, data is only synced to farmhands for their current location (and a few locations that are always synced). There's a proposed feature to let mods temporarily force-sync locations though, which Extended Minecart could use to check if the locations are unlocked.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

While that would explain the beach, the desert and quarry use a mail flag, just like the Woods, so I am guessing those dont get copied to the farmhands for whatever reason upon completing a room in the CC.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, I think some flags are only set on the host. You could use the multiplayer API to request the relevant flags from the host player (if they have your mod installed too).

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bug report: I got to year 2 on one of my farms (Forest Farm map) and the farm minecart vanished! It's a valid destination but then the farmer winds up just barely inside a vanilla-map fence :( but luckily I have JumpOver so I can just jump out. SMAPI posts absolutely nothing in the console.

Silhouette likes this.
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] Extended Minecart with a new update entry:

Fixing & Warning

Read the rest of this update entry...

• [insert_name_here]

[insert_name_here] Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, just a heads up, but the config.json is included in the latest release. Not sure if this was intended or not, but I certainly found it out the hard way...

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Woops, my mistake, sorry about that >_<

• sleepingrebels

sleepingrebels Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sorry this is a dumb question, in the file you can set a custom destination for your farm. does it simply just drop you off at the desired coordinates? or does it also allow you to move the minecart around the map too?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It drops you off, moving the minecart around is not realistically possible due to how the game handles world rendering, there is no way for me to make the minecart properly "match" its environment.

• MrRaider67

MrRaider67 Big Damn Hero

Is there anyway support for IFRM2 can be added, for SDVE? I can also add it maunally if you don't want to add support. Can you add it via Tiled? Thanks for the help!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Custom farm destination is already supported, that function simply does not create a minecart because there is no way to know how to make it, and thus that part is up to you.

• MrRaider67

MrRaider67 Big Damn Hero

And how do I get it to let me interact with it? or is it just the location I set is an invisible intractable?

Edit: I think I am getting an error... Here's my log!
                              https://smapi.io/log/96b2c611d25243e9bef6649930d397ba

Edit 2: I am an idiot and didn't have customfarmlocation set to true, but even still after doing that it doesn't work
                              in the log it says Farm (Disabled) but I have double checked and even deleted and reloaded the config with it set to true and it always comes out that way... heres my new log if you want
                              https://smapi.io/log/b9975ab5654149099f52ea903d19700c?raw=True

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
                              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It generates the exit point, you will need to create the interactive entrance point yourself, see the mine entrance minecart for the tile action you need.
                                You also disabled the farm location, that is not what you do, you set it to use the custom location - disabling it means none of the farm exit points are used, not the primary, secondary *or* custom one.

• MrRaider67

MrRaider67 Big Damn Hero

I got it! Thanks for the help!

• wazzudog

wazzudog Void-Bound Voyager

I have east scarp and Ridgeside village installed and was wondering if there is a way to incorporate those mods' minecarts into the extended minecart GUI.