1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue SMAPI failed to initialise???

Discussion in 'Support' started by stargargoyle, Aug 1, 2018.

1. stargargoyle

stargargoyle Space Spelunker

I played it earlier today. When i went to play it again smapi loads showing this:

upload_2018-8-1_21-14-49.png

and the game doesnt play.

I have no idea whats wrong or how to fix it.
    If i open the game with the application file in my documents it plays but without my mods.
    Today I installed and then uninstalled a 2 mods, so i don't know if that messed it up.

Please help me!

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Please install the latest version of SMAPI.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, Stardew Valley 1.3 was released earlier today and you got updated automatically. You'll need to update SMAPI (just install the new version, it'll clean up the old version automatically). You'll need to update your SMAPI mods too; see the compatibility list for the latest links.

• stargargoyle

stargargoyle Space Spelunker

Thank you! That was such an easy fix!

• EverGreen Ted

EverGreen Ted Tentacle Wrangler

SMAPI is not part of Stardew Valley. It is not made and shared officially, it is a third party program made by people like you and me (maybe people like you and me that know programming well enough).

Point still stands. Everytime the actual game updates, files are removed/replaced/changed, all that stuff. So if you want to continue playing with your chosen mods you will have to seek an updated version

of the mod loader. And that can sometimes have a delay.