RELEASED [SMAPI] GreenHut 3.0.0

Junimos harvesting your Greenhouse!

1. Croí Dorcha

Croí Dorcha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

GreenHut
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This mod adds junimos that will harvest your crops inside the Greenhouse and leave them in a chest. Currently, this is how the mod works:
    -The mod adds a magical building (Junimo Shrine) in the shop of the Wizard, when you purchase this building you can add it anywhere in your farm and the junimos (and their chest) will start appearing the next day.
    -The Junimo Shrine has the same price that a Junimo Hut, but you can change that in the config file.
    -You can deactivate the balanced mode so this mod works like in its beta.
    -You can't build the shrine more than once (or you can't build it at all if you deactivated the balanced mode).
    -The chest is located near the water at the end of the Greenhouse.
    -You can't destroy the chest but, if somehow you manage to destroy it, it will reappear the next morning.
    -You can rename and recolour the chest without issues.
    -The junimos won't appear if you don't have any mature crops inside the Greenhouse.
    -After a hard day of work, the junimos will be chilling inside your Greenhouse. (Okay, this is a bug, not a feature. But I can't fix it.)
    -The harvest usually takes about two in-game hours.
    -The junimos may take a while to start appearing (about an hour) even if you are inside the Greenhouse, so don't worry. They seem lazy.
    -The mod should work on any custom Greenhouse map. However, you will have to modify the config.
    -At the start of the day you will see the game blink briefly. This is what makes the junimos start working.

Unbalanced mode: Enter the config file and change "balancedMode" from true to false. The junimos will start appearing right away.

-If you don't see the config.json file, start the game with this mod installed.
    -Find a way to view tile coordinates inside your Greenhouse (I use the DebugMode mod).
    -Find a good place for the chest to be and change "chestX" and "chestY" from de config file to your new coordinates.
    -Find the centre of your farming area and change "junimoX" and "junimoY" from the config file to the centre coordinates.
    -Count the distance in tiles from the centre to the farthest edge of the farming area and change "radius" from the config file to the distance plus one.

Known bugs:
    -The junimos keep moving with an open menu.
    -Junimos keep appearing and vanishing when there is nothing else to harvest.

How to install:
    -If you don't have it already, install the latest version of SMAPI.
    -Unzip "GreenHut 0.X.X" inside your "mods" folder.

Uninstalling:
    -Go to the wizard's shop and select "demolish". Destroy the Junimo Shrine, save the game, exit and delete de "GreenHut" folder from your mods folder.

NOTE: Demolishing the shrine will make the junimo's chest disappear the next morning, so better empty it or you will lose its contents.

Update warning: If you update from a beta version you may lose the contents of the chest, so empty it first.

Future plans:
    -Make "Extended Farm" compatibility. (I don't know if it work's fine currently, but I don't think so, at least the balanced mode)

Link to the mod in Nexus.

Thanks a lot to the discord community for helping me with this mod.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
      GreenBliss, fadedwaif and HopeWasHere like this.
    • Croí Dorcha

UPDATE

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
      • Croí Dorcha

UPDATE

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
        • Croí Dorcha

UPDATE

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
            HopeWasHere likes this.
          • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Interesting mod, and definitely relevant to my interests! Question, though: Will they also harvest fruit trees, or just crops?

• Croí Dorcha

They won't harvest fruit since the normal Junimos from de Junimo Hut don't do it, sorry. But if you have Automate instaled you can place a chest next to a tree and the fruit will place itself inside the chest.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Unfortunately, that really isn't going to be practical for thirty fruit trees surrounded on all sides by either ancient fruit, hops, or starfruit...

Ahh well, thank you for answering the question. It's still a very nice mod, but since I'll have to hop into the greenhouse on a daily basis anyway for the trees, there's not much value added from it for my play style at this time.

• omena

omena Void-Bound Voyager

I wonder if there's a way to make the shrine bigger? I'm trying to out different sprites, but the shrine is very compact. otherwise i really enjoy this mod!

• omena

omena Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG] [​IMG]
                    I edited some seasonal sprites for the shrine and thought I could ask your opinion on these?

Darkcedars and HopeWasHere like this.
                    • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Those are really cute! They also look more like a shrine than the mini-greehouse.

• omena

omena Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much! <3

• Croí Dorcha