1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

SMAPI Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by AcidIvory, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcidIvory

AcidIvory Space Hobo

I'm new to the Stardew Valley community, and I thought it would be a good idea to try and download some mods. I got an error saying this "
    [SMAPI] SMAPI 2.5.5 with Stardew Valley 1.3.23 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    [SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods

[SMAPI] Oops! You're running Stardew Valley 1.3.23, but this version of SMAPI is only compatible up to Stardew Valley 1.2.33. Please check for a newer version of SMAPI: https://smapi.io."

i sorta know what it means, but not really. could someone please explain it so i could understand this a bit more? or even tell me how to fix this problem.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

You're running the v1.3-beta. So, you need the version of SMAPI for the Beta.
      Go here: https://smapi.io/

The green button, "SMAPI v2.55"; is what you already have.

Just under it is the one you want; "SMAPI Beta for Stardew Valley 1.3 Beta"
      Currently, "SMAPI 2.6-beta.19.1", but the number will change as updates are sent out.

• AcidIvory

AcidIvory Space Hobo

I'm still having the same problem, wish these were easier to understand lol

• MysticTempest

• AcidIvory

AcidIvory Space Hobo

yes, i downloaded that, and it's coming up with the same message

• MysticTempest

That's odd. After you unpack it, are you installing through the .exe or manually copying the files over?

Either way; I'd recommend going to your Stardew Valley game folder and deleting the files.
            You can leave the folders alone, but the files you see upon first opening the SDV game folder; like the game's executable and other SMAPI files. Delete those, and then have Steam verify your game files so it'll re-download what you're missing.

Instructions for verifying files:
            Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
            Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
            After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
            Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

After it finishes, try reinstalling the new Beta SMAPI. The old SMAPI files will be gone so there shouldn't be anymore clashing of versions.

• AcidIvory

AcidIvory Space Hobo

yes this helped, thank you very much.

• AziRose

AziRose Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!
                I hadn't been playing Modded Stardewvalley a lot because I was playing multiplayer with my father.
                When I tried to load it up again it didn't work I reinstalled it and when I loaded it up again this came up

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.7 with Stardew Valley 1.3.32 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                [SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                [SMAPI] Starting game...
                Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
                Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198295662177 [API loaded no]
                [SMAPI] The game failed unexpectedly: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<StardewValley.Farmer> StardewValley.Game1.getOnlineFarmers()'.
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 304
                [SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

Can somebody help, please?

• AziRose

AziRose Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure where those purple emojis came from...

• Asef

Asef Space Hobo

I can't install SMAPI when i open CMD coming and saying (Where is your game folder?) How i can fix it?

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Asef Please note the date. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Going to lock this.

Check here for how to get help.

Thread Status:
                      Not open for further replies.