1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue SMAPI hogging the CPU [1.3 Beta/SMAPI 2.6.15]

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kulfyr3, May 29, 2018.

1. Kulfyr3

Kulfyr3 Big Damn Hero

When i launch stardew valley using the SMAPI it uses up all of my available GPU power (usually about 80-85%) instead of the usual, which takes somewhere around 25-30%. This makes the fps about half of what it usually is and i can't run anything else without slowing it down even more. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I'm finding that the game itself spikes my CPU usage while on the farm, and SMAPI only spikes it upon loading the game. For me, I have about 50 torches lining a corner of my farm, so I'm assuming/hoping that's the problem, and that it will be optimized before final release of the game. My CPU is a first gen. Intel i8 (920), which is old. Fortunately my framerate doesn't drop.

I did notice a huge improvement in framerate when it was raining in-game with v1.2 when I upgraded my GPU from a Radeon 5800 series to a 7800 series. I've seen people say that the game will run on a potato, but I don't think that's true anymore. Again, hopefully there will be optimizations before final release.

Have you tried running without SMAPI to see if the framerate is the same? Have you tried loading the game and doing nothing (but maybe hitting the esc key to pause time) until it fully loads?

• Kulfyr3

Kulfyr3 Big Damn Hero

Yeah, i've tried running it with and without, on the same file for the same day, doing the same stuff, and no matter what, SMAPI hogs the gpu at a quite stable 85%, while without smapi it jumps from 15-40% at the worst of times.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard