RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. jdroo

jdroo Big Damn Hero

maybe add right click option to dogs and cats to sell them off, I have to many D: and uninstalling it just leaves me with a bunch of default cats and dogs :/
    rKkHbiP.png

maybe add code that makes pets not stack all in front of the water bowl outside.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is a console command to delete all custom pets, if you dont want the extra pets, dont adopt them.

As to the stacking, that is a limit of vanilla AI, nothing really that can be done about it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I also added an abandon_pet command to the SMAPI console in the next version of More Animals, which lets you remove a specific pet by name.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

More Animals 2.1 is now available!

Release notes:
          • Added abandon_pet command to remove a specific pet, and renamed kill_pets to abandon_all_pets to match.
          • Updated for the upcoming SMAPI 3.0.
          • Fixed error when warping in multiplayer.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
          • Skyzrielle

Skyzrielle Space Hobo

Hey, so, just to clarify. Say I want to use an old, non content pack animal skin mod. Can I just chuck it in the skins folder as-is in the old format or do I still need to update it to .pgn in photoshop?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• krizpp

krizpp Void-Bound Voyager

i noticed the game replaces my original pet's name with one of the others'. the name has switched around a few times. it's not interferring with game play but i thought i'd let you know! also, if the horse isn't considered an animal, what is it?

here's the SMAPI log

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The name issue is due to a limit imposed in game code and not something that can be fixed easily.

The horse is not an animal because you dont buy it as one, just like pets are not technically animals.
                Having more then 1 horse owned by a player would break things, and thus is not something that can easily be done.
                Once I find the time and figure out a good solution, horse skins will be made possible.

krizpp likes this.
                • Baniita

Baniita Void-Bound Voyager

Strange. It's installed, but the dog's skin is still vanilla upon reload. The pictures of the custom skins are still there.

Where is the setting/code/data/info that contains the setting for identifying which png to use for a pet? For instance, where is the code telling the game to load dog_7? If something broke, where should I start looking?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Randomised Animal skins, not *pet* skins, instead, you can adopt extra pets which use the new skins.

Visit the bus stop, you'll quickly notice the change.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, I've just gotten finished debugging MoreAnimals 3.0 (With the help of FrostStar on discord, thanks a lot!), a massive update & rewrite which expands on what MoreAnimals can do...

But I would like atleast 1 more person to give it a tester before I release it as a stable build, anyone on the forums interested? :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] More Animals with a new update entry:

Massive update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Poptop Tamer

• VCMedic

VCMedic Void-Bound Voyager

Hi thanks for all the work on this mod. I've come across an issue where it appears to only be only recognizing PNGs and not XNBs for the pets. This is definitely an issue with the cat and dog, I haven't tested it with the barn/coop animals yet. I tested it with the following:

1) I placed a single dog XNB in the asset folder, and labeled it "dog_1.xnb".

2) The mod initially registers the skin in SMAPI with the following message. So far so good.

Pet Skins:
                          cat: 18 skins (cat_1.png, cat_1.xnb, cat_12.png, cat_13.png, cat_14.png, cat_15.png, cat_16.png, cat_17.png, cat_18.png, cat_2.png, cat_2.xnb, cat_3.png, cat_4.png, cat_5.png, cat_6.png, cat_7.png, cat_8.png, cat_9.png)
                          dog: 1 skins (dog_1.xnb)

3) The error occurs when I approach the adoption box and activate it. I get the below message where it's looking for a PNG file ("dog_1.png") instead of an XNB ("dog_1.xnb"). Likewise, if I relabel the file to "dog_3.xnb", the error comes back looking for "dog_3.png."

[12:52:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Event: ActionActivated
                          [12:52:52 ERROR Entoarox Framework] The OnActionTriggered event handler failed handling the ModEntry.ActionTriggered event:
                          StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Failed loading asset 'assets\skins\dog_1.png' from SMAPI\entoarox.moreanimals: the specified path doesn't exist.
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.ModContentManager.LoadManagedAsset[T](String internalKey, String contentManagerID, String relativePath, LanguageCode language) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\ModContentManager.cs:line 101
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.ModContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\ModContentManager.cs:line 64
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCoordinator.LoadAndCloneManagedAsset[T](String internalKey, String contentManagerID, String relativePath, LanguageCode language) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCoordinator.cs:line 163
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 97
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 91
                          at StardewValley.AnimatedSprite.loadTexture() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\AnimatedSprite.cs:line 163
                          at StardewValley.AnimatedSprite..ctor(String textureName, Int32 currentFrame, Int32 spriteWidth, Int32 spriteHeight) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\AnimatedSprite.cs:line 135
                          at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.AdoptQuestion..ctor(String type, Int32 skin) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\MoreAnimals\AdoptQuestion.cs:line 33
                          at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.AdoptQuestion.Show() in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\MoreAnimals\AdoptQuestion.cs:line 74
                          at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.ModEntry.OnActionTriggered(Object sender, EventArgsActionTriggered e) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\MoreAnimals\ModEntry.cs:line 469
                          at Entoarox.Framework.Core.Utilities.Events.FireEventSafely[TArgs](String name, Delegate evt, TArgs args, Boolean obsolete) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Entoarox\Framework\Core\Utilities\Events.cs:line 21

4) If I delete the dog XNB from the assets and install a dog_1.png or dog_3.png the error goes away and I can adopt the dog without issues.

As far as I can tell the mod is registering the XNB, but then instead tries to look for a PNG by the same name. The only workaround right now is to manually convert the XNB to a PNG. Here's the rest of my SMAPI Log. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Looks like a bug in the skin logic, I will see what I can do.

VCMedic likes this.
                            • lysbliss11

lysbliss11 Orbital Explorer

Hi, I'm confused about something. There's a file called BabyDuck.png in the skins folder automatically, and it makes all my ducks the default ones instead of my custom skins. Is there a way to get rid of it so I only have my custom duck skins?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SDV uses the `BabyWhite Chicken.xnb` for both baby white chicken and baby ducks, MA separates this, so that baby ducks have a separate skin file.

This has no other effect, the only reason your adult ducks would all be vanilla is if you do not have any baby skins for them, adults inherit their baby skin.

lysbliss11 likes this.
                                • lysbliss11

lysbliss11 Orbital Explorer

Ah, okay, I'll buy a couple more ducks and see if I keep getting default skins. My luck with getting new skins instead of the originals hasn't been great so far lol.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is a console command to force-randomise all your animal skins, see if that does anything for your ducks, if not, there might actually be a bug that needs fixing.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank