Modding Discussion SMAPI on Switch

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Imjusthereforthemods, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Imjusthereforthemods

Imjusthereforthemods Void-Bound Voyager

As the title says. Would it be possible to compile a version of SMAPI for use on the switch port? Switch homebrewing already makes it possible to run custom written programs and manage mod files, and certain games like Skyrim have already managed to port mods succesfully via dedicated tools. I might be paraphrasing, but as far as I remember the difference with the pc version of SDV is that the switch version is transpiled into C++, right?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi! I'm the main SMAPI developer. I won't be porting SMAPI to Switch myself, but I'm happy to answer questions or make required changes if someone familiar with Switch hacking wanted to work on it.

• Yaysay

Yaysay Space Hobo

Do you have a recommendation for how I could create a mod for Stardew Valley on the switch to add a snake?

I've considered sacrificing one of the dog Sprite and just changing them to look like a snake but theoretically the end result I would like is...

-During fall pierre sells a custom furniture item (snake cage w/ snake)
        -The player receives mail when it's in stock
        -after being placed the player can "use" the furniture and it will update the Sprite to show an empty cage and add a custom item (snake) into the players inventory and vice versa

Is this only possible on PC? Or do you know another method I could achieve this on the switch?