RELEASED [SMAPI] Sprint and Dash Mod Redux 2.1.0

Allow sprinting and combat dashing with new configuration features.

1. ZozZx

ZozZx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No and no,
    i tried binding it to other keys like R (82) T (84) and Y (89) still nothing, i can dash just fine so the mod is working but i can't sprint
    maybe some of my mods conflict with it?
    here's a list of my mods
    !EntoaroxFramework
    AllProfessions
    CJBCheatsMenu
    CJBItemSpawner
    GetDressed
    NPCMapLocations
    Regeneration
    SeasonalImmersion
    ShopExpander
    SMAPISprinklerMod
    SprintAndDashRedux
    TrainerMod

• littleraskol

littleraskol Subatomic Cosmonaut

I honestly couldn't tell just from the list. It doesn't make any sense why this would happen. I also can't replicate it using your config settings. Not sure what to tell you, sorry! :(

• FluffyRuri

FluffyRuri Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, it seems it doesn't work with SV 1.2. Waiting for a new patch. =)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@littleraskol: I updated the source code for Stardew Valley 1.2 (see attached). You can open the folder in a Git client to review my changes. Can you publish an updated version?

I created an unofficial update in the meantime. :)

Attached Files:

• littleraskol

Hey, I've been out of the loop on this for a while, and the past few weeks have been rough. Thanks for releasing an updated version, though, for the time being. I'll look into this in a bit, although I will probably just copy over your updated version. Thanks again!

• littleraskol

OK, finally got time to look, and I have a question: Does the "config" class have to be in its own file, or is that just the way some update converter autogenerated the code? It's fine either way, just curious.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@littleraskol Having each class in its own file is a common convention in .NET development. Doing that has a few benefits:
                • You can open each class in a separate tab to quickly navigate between them, instead of scrolling through one long file.
                • You can see a log of changes for a given class with Git.
                • During code review, it's easier to see what changed at a glance.
                • It's easier to quickly grasp the project structure and navigate it by looking at the solution navigator.
                • It's easier to handle merges, etc.
                It's not required, though. Feel free to move it back into the same file if you want.

• littleraskol

Nah, I think it's better to do it that way from a design perspective now that you've laid it all out.

I'll have an updated version up soon-ish?

• littleraskol

• unmog

unmog Void-Bound Voyager

Do ya know if this mod works together with other mods that increase default movement speed? Ive increased my default speed by +1 so figured Id ask~

• littleraskol

The mod works by flat adding to your movement speed while sprinting. So the effect should be cumulative with anything else adding to speed: sprinting should be faster than even your higher base movement speed. I don't know for sure because I have never tested it, though.

• Abubamama

Abubamama Intergalactic Tourist

Hi littleraskol, I noticed that Stamina goes down even when the player is not moving, but just keeping sprint button pressed (and no W A S D).

• littleraskol

Hello all,

I'm thinking about updating this but because I have been away for a while I may need some time to figure out how.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• littleraskol

Thanks! Yeah I've been looking through those guides and uh a lot has changed lol.

• littleraskol

littleraskol updated Sprint and Dash Mod Redux with a new update entry:

v2.0.0 (08/13/20)

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@littleraskol Looks like the files weren't uploaded with the updates? The download still seems to be the old version.

• littleraskol

I don't know how to explain that. I definitely didn't point to the old install package when I did the resource update, I don't even know where it is anymore.

Edit: It's on Nexus, in case I never figure out how to fix this: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/560

• littleraskol