Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashie1414

ashie1414 Void-Bound Voyager

OMG noo waayy ! its gone now xD hahahaaha thankies lots Mousey ! i have like 2 farms , the one u help fix it and theres another one , will that other save be ok? and if i start a new farm will that error show up again?

• Tevas

Tevas Aquatic Astronaut

I'm having an issue with SMAPI checking for updates, wondering if anybody has ran into this. I've tried it with and without any mods in the file and I get the message: "[SMAPI] Couldn't check for a new version of SMAPI. This won't affect your game, but you won't be notified of new versions if this keeps happening." Just wondering what is going on as last night it was working fine and today I'm getting this error.

• ashie1414

yes i got this too like twice , what i do is i just run the smap install again and then its gone =]

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The smapi website is currently being migrated to a new host to handle the increased traffic after the recent game update. The update notices may not work until that migration is complete.

-----------------------

@ashie1414 : Hopefully your other saves won't have this issue (I don't think the cause is known yet), but if you do run into it again, it's a quick fix.

• Tevas

Tevas Aquatic Astronaut

Okay I feel better now, I've been ripping apart my mod loads (1 for me 1 for the gf) for HOURS now trying to figure out what the heck broke SMAPI.

• ashie1414

ok thankies again mousey ! happy enough u fixed the one implaying right now xD

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Haven't tried it yet, but is there a problem in general with the fish pond, causing games to crash? Would we need to use the empty fish trick in a vanilla game?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

You should not experience a problem in vanilla. All the fish pond issues we've seen were a bug in the JSON Assets mod, and that mod has been updated to fix it.

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Thanks. It's not entirely vanilla, but I only use UI Info Suite, which I hope won't cause any issues. Or do I need do update something?

• Arem

Arem Big Damn Hero

Currently getting a crash when it saves after sleeping, not sure how to read the error message to figure out the cause of the crash.
                      Log

Edit: Resolved it by replacing this mod I had updated with an older version.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
                      • Mattzio

Mattzio Aquatic Astronaut

Soo, I have got another problem with my game. It was taking so long to load my save today that I gave up and checked the error log - and got this nice, red line:

The game failed to launch: System.AccessViolationException

Then I decided to delete the mods that weren't updated and booted up the game again. And so this time, the save didn't want to actually load. I've waited 15 minutes and gave up. Checked error log again but didn't notice that System Access Violation line. Instead of that, I got:

Exception injecting object context tags for Starfish: System.ArgumentException: Element o tym samym kluczu został już dodany.
                        w System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
                        w System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
                        w System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
                        w JsonAssets.ContentInjector.Edit[T](IAssetData asset)

w G:\StardewValley\Mods_1.4\JsonAssets\ContentInjector.cs:wiersz 91

I guess this is caused by a mod called "More Fish". Though still, my save didn't have any intentions to work. Any ideas what can be a problem this time?
                        Here's my error log:
                        https://smapi.io/log/8d73720aa9fd432d892aa23260d94882

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I *think* I'm being yelled at about PyTK, feTK, and something else, I'm not positive about... The first ones are from mail I get via the Farmer to Florist mod The second is still the custom furniture stuff.

https://smapi.io/log/m9BrLpvS

Any tips on how to make the yelling stop? I know it's only yelling, but I do worry about crashing >.>

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Merryberry The main problem seems to be FeTK, it hasn't been updated for 1.4; the PyTK error doesn't seem to crash stuff (it shows up when you talk to a merchant); and Custom Furniture just doesn't work right now, even though it says it's been updated. Try removing FeTK and Custom Furniture and see if that helps.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I am not sure what's wrong, but I can't launch the game at all now. When I try to launch the game, the SMAPI console shows only this:
                              Code:
                              SMAPI failed to initialize: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewModdingAPI.Constants' threw an exception. ---> System.FormatException: The input '1.4.0.1' isn't a valid semantic version.
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.SemanticVersion..ctor(String version) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\SemanticVersion.cs:line 90
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.GameVersion..ctor(String version) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\GameVersion.cs:line 39
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Constants..cctor() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
                                 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Constants.get_GameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 94
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 40
                              Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

I can't post it as a SMAPI log, I have already tried. There is no error log to upload. Prior to this my game did crash because of a map editing issue with lighting that I completely fudged, but I've sinced fixed it (I hope). I've tried reinstalling SMAPI, restarting Steam, and verifying my game files but nothing is working. I keep getting that message and I'm not sure what to do?

candentcore likes this.
                              • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Yes the new update to the game broke SMAPI, it's being worked on right now.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Oh wow, didn't even know the game updated. Thanks for the quick response, thought I broke my game and almost panicked there.

• Rohkenzai

Rohkenzai Void-Bound Voyager

Fantastic. I also have this error, good to know its being dealt with quickly.

LoiteringAround likes this.
                                    • LittleKittenLuna

LittleKittenLuna Void-Bound Voyager

i keep getting this error

SMAPI failed to initialize: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewModdingAPI.Constants' threw an exception. ---> System.FormatException: The input '1.4.0.1' isn't a valid semantic version.
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.SemanticVersion..ctor(String version) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\SemanticVersion.cs:line 90
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.GameVersion..ctor(String version) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\GameVersion.cs:line 39
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Constants..cctor() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
                                      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Constants.get_GameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 94
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 40
                                      Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

It's being worked on.

• LittleKittenLuna

LittleKittenLuna Void-Bound Voyager

gotcha

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.