Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrsHamilton17

MrsHamilton17 Void-Bound Voyager

Okay so it IS Smapi causing that! I was getting it too!!

• S24Sammy

S24Sammy Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to hear the game update broke SMAPI and not something I did lol. I literally just downloaded Visual Studio and tried building a mod, then it stopped working.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• S24Sammy

S24Sammy Void-Bound Voyager

• kivogtar

kivogtar Void-Bound Voyager

Can I get some help figuring out why my game is crashing? It crashes when crafting certain modded items but only when using a gamepad. It's very strange. At first I thought it was "Custom Farming Redux" since it's the mod that added all of those crafting recipes but the crash log says it's SMAPI and has no errors in CFR or any other mod for that matter. I updated every mod I could to try and isolate the issue.
        I can avoid a crash by crafting it with a keyboard and mouse, but then the machines don't work properly and have no name. I'm not sure what to think. Here's my crash log. I've spent the last couple days trying to isolate the issue or find other people with the same issue. I think it could be user error because I can't seem to find anyone but me with this specific problem. I've posted a few other places to try and figure this out but I'm still not any closer than when I started.
        https://smapi.io/log/xHjxMrHQ
        Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

• po456456po

po456456po Space Hobo

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

I have a question regarding the SaveBackup mod (the one that is part of the smapi distribution). Every time it creates a backup, it cannot zip the files. This is my log (enable trace messages). I'm using linux.
          Is this issue already known?

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

I remember Pathos saying before that there's issues with the compression for some users on Linux.

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

That is interesting. Before I updated to SMAPI 3 and SDV 1.4, I noticed there were many backups under the Mods/SaveBackup folder. But after the upgrades the folder is empty of actual backups. Now it only contains 3 files: .json, .dll, and .pdb.

I'm on Linux Mint 19.2.

• Mizzion

The save back up mod, should look similar to what you say. The actual backups are stored in "\Stardew Valley\save-backups". That's based on the windows version, but the Linux version should be similar.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Merryberry There is a bug report on the PyTK nexus page with the same error. I recommend updating the mods depending on PyTK.
                  @Mizzion Thank you for the response. Yes, backups on linux are also in save-backups.

I just checked and my folder is larger than 800MB. Can I write a script that just zips the save folders separately without breaking anything? By save folders I mean the folders containing the save files (SaveGameInfo and <name>_<number>).

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the pointer. I found them now, in the actual game folder. Must have been where I saw them before as well then. Some saves are named after 1.3.36 and others after 1.4.

For me in Linux, it's found under .../Stardew Valley/game/save-backups

• Mizzion

thanks for letting me know :) You never know when someone may ask about them.

• mitchninja88

mitchninja88 Space Hobo

Hey, new here. I've updated to the newest SMAPI and have a few mods running including stardew valley extended. I'm stuck on day 12 and every time I sleep the game crashes. any idea as to why it would be crashing?

[13:29:34 ERROR game] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2987
                        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2890
                        at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                        [13:29:34 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2987
                        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2890
                        at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                        [13:29:34 CRITICAL SMAPI] The game crashed when updating, and SMAPI was unable to recover the game.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@mitchninja88 Please go to https://smapi.io/log, follow the instructions there and bring the link to the parsed log back here - it's much better for troubleshooting.

• mitchninja88

mitchninja88 Space Hobo

• Frilzer

Frilzer Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, I have a bunch of mods, and don't know why, but the game keeps crashing when I got to sleep and end the day. I'd appreciate it if someone can find out whats going on.

Here is the log https://smapi.io/log/ZMmJwDEr

• tuttiefrutti

tuttiefrutti Void-Bound Voyager

my game keeps crashing on day 3 when I try and save... I only have, 2 mods I had to download, and one is the content patcher! lmao

log: https://smapi.io/log/3ntRB5cF

• Shenai2510

Shenai2510 Space Hobo

Hi everyone.
                                My game keeps crashing trying to load a save.
                                Log: https://smapi.io/log/XBV5k3Up
                                I've already disabled all the mods. I've also tried starting the game without SMAPI and it still crashes.
                                From the logs it looks like it's trying to load files that can't exist. Any ideas how to fix this?
                                A different save from a much older playthrough does load.

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.