Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Soccera, there's an unofficial version of BFAV that works. It's on the Stardew Valley discord server and uses content packs instead of config file editing. It can convert already existing animals.

If the BFAV packs you were using don't have a content pack version, you can link them and someone can PM you an unofficially converted version to use long enough to sell the animals.

• Sevrisimp

Sevrisimp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't get my mail in game. Is this from the update that happened a ittle bit ago? Or did I break something when I was trying to fix my crashing issue every time I grabbed my seeds to plant. (I finally fixed, I think) What do I need to give for help?

• Ryface

Ryface Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• AstralGuardian97

AstralGuardian97 Aquatic Astronaut

My game keeps crashing every time I go to bed. I think it's the night Krobus moves into my house, but I'm not sure. Here's my SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/cJWHqQpW

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

I think you're right, though BFAV should have saved the animals to the custom data field so it wouldn't bug your save. But the error does have to do with updating the map while you're not there.

Im not entirely sure, but Ive seen people say that Furniture Anywhere can cause this bug to happen. I would try it without that mod.

Looks like one of your mods is trying to add weapons that have already been added. It just doesn't say which ones.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Sabaene Do you have any modded weapons or scythes in your game? The error seems to be related to such an item.

• Sabaene

Sabaene Intergalactic Tourist

Oddly enough, I removed Stardew Expanded and all the other attached mods....I kept the Mighty Nein and the cheat menu, and it seems to be a lot smoother now...I will miss the big farm, but on the other hand, I was getting pissed at the constant crashes.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Is there a public / published schema for the manifest.json file?

The reason I'm asking is that VS2019 offers some JSON validation if there's a publicly-available schema somewhere, and I want to leverage this facility.

No big deal if no such schema is available, though.

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's.... weird. I don't have a weapons mod.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Validate your files, and also that combat overhaul looks maybe suspicious.

• Sevrisimp

Will this help find out why I can't get the mail in my game? : https://smapi.io/log/UDuiLwqF
                      I've updated the ones it wanted me to, but still says to update them. I can't find find the ones it wants me to remove in my modes. And what are these other errors?

By the way, I don't have any saves any more I've been trying to start a new game

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
                      • Killparadise

Killparadise Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm when I run the install for this it claims that it's already installed... :/

I'm running Fedora 30 if that means anything

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
                        • Mizzion

Looks like MTN is messing up while trying to grab the mailbox.

• Sevrisimp

So I should remove it then?

• Mizzion

I would remove it, and any mods that require it, then post that log on MTN's nexus page so that the author can know about the issue.

• Sevrisimp

Okay I'll try that. Thanks

• Sevrisimp

It worked Thank you!

• Mizzion

You're welcome :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

(I got a lot of messages after Stardew Valley 1.4 released, and I'm still catching up. If you posted an issue in this thread and didn't get an answer, feel free to repost it!)

Fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 3.0.2. Thanks for reporting it!

I experimented with that a while back. I don't remember exactly how I did it, but the end result was that mods ran correctly but the SMAPI console window was completely hidden. That meant players didn't get any feedback when something went wrong with their mods, and if SMAPI failed (e.g. due to a game update) or waited for input (e.g. when relaunching after a game crash) the game would just never launch. Due to the limitations I never documented the process for players. If you find a way to launch the game through GOG Galaxy without hiding the SMAPI console, we can add that to the wiki though!

Those warnings were shown since 2018; SMAPI 3.0 is the release which finally removed the obsolete code. See migrate to SMAPI 3.0 and migrate to Stardew Valley 1.4 for help migrating older mods, and feel free to ask if you're not sure how to update something.

Yep. See using a schema file directly in SMAPI's technical docs for more info. You can also validate files online at smapi.io/json.

pepoluan likes this.
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.