Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Ophornal A part of your save file is missing. You should have a file called "Tuur_236784621" and a file called "SaveGameInfo" to in your save file folder. How does the folder look like? But there is a .sync folder that I don't recognize. You can follow the link and see if the information under Troubleshooting helps.
    Did you synchronize your save files with some program maybe?
    This has nothing to do with mods by the way. The game tries to access a file that isn't there.

@Wolfnut88 You have this problem. Probably also a honey-related item that is in a chest somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2019
    • Ophornal

Ophornal Aquatic Astronaut

Hye, thanks for trying but these options dont work for me :(. The .sync is from a program i used to sync my saves from pc to my phone so i could play those on both. Installed the program after not even running the game on my phone cuz i realised it wasnt worth the hassle :p Sadly the save file still isnt broken and the save file looks like this
      upload_2019-12-26_19-23-21.png

Attached Files:

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Ophornal In your "Saves" folder should be a folder with the name "Tuur_236784621" and this folder should contain the files in your screenshot. If you are not using the synchronization program, you might want to delete the .sync folder since it seems to confuse the game.

• Ophornal

Ophornal Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah those are the files in that save folder. Sadly removing the sync didnt work either :(

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Ophornal Since you already made another post in the support forum I suggest to continue the conversation there because your issue is not related to mods or smapi.

• Wolfnut88

Wolfnut88 Big Damn Hero

thanks

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The way it works changed in Stardew Valley 1.4, so I'm not very familiar with the new approach yet. I suggest looking at Utility.getTravelingMerchantStock in the game code for an example.

• hung2563hn

hung2563hn Void-Bound Voyager

I kinda need help on how to create a crop mod with json assets , can anyone help me pls ?

• toosha

toosha Big Damn Hero

• DwaynesThighs

DwaynesThighs Intergalactic Tourist

could i get some help?

I'm running modded stardew on SMAPI. it's been 275 hours, no problems, and suddenly, the screen starts flashing white on startup, and then the game crashes. tried all the stuff i could find- updating graphics cards, updating smapi, redownloading all mods, playing game in different window modes, zooming and unzooming, etc.

there were no errors for the first day, and i can get Stardew to run without SMAPI, but. I want to play with my mods.

there's now an error, as follows:

[game] _loadPreferences; exception occured trying open/read: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
                    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
                    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
                    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
                    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
                    at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
                    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderStartupPreferences.Read10_StartupPreferences()
                    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
                    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
                    at StardewValley.StartupPreferences.readSettings(Stream stream) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\StartupPreferences.cs:line 513
                    at StardewValley.StartupPreferences._loadPreferences() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\StartupPreferences.cs:line 490

can someone explain this to me like I'm five?

Thanks folks.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@toosha There are a lot of Content Patcher warnings in your log regarding Flower Valley for ContentPatcher. I suggest to fix those first by removing this mod. If this solves the problem you can try to reinstall it correctly.
                      If it doesn't solve the problem, you can reset your content files and see if that helps.
                      You can also try to remove everything that changes seasonal map graphics.
                      @DwaynesThighs Please do what Moragaine said. You can also try to delete your startup_preferences file (same place where your save folder is) because the game can't load this file.

• stefi2006

stefi2006 Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@stefi2006 You have a lot of updating to do - starting with the base game: it should be 1.4.3, not just 1.4.0, and then Smapi. After that you can start updating/removing mods. The parsed log you linked has lists of mods to be updated (purple) and mods that should be removed because they aren't updated (red).

• DwaynesThighs

Sorry folks, I thought that would be enough of my log to tell you what the problem was.

Here's the link.

https://smapi.io/log/f2943d76c24c4a1a99df0c38ffd152f3

@jahangmar @Moragaine

Also, I've already tried deleting startup preferences and every other common fix. I thought there might have been trouble with my save file, so I loaded an old one, but nothing changed.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@DwaynesThighs The error you posted in the previous message is missing in the log. Are you sure this is the correct log file that was created before/while the game crashed? When is the exact moment the game crashes (what was happening / what did you do before that)?
                            This sounds like it crashes during the loading of a save. Can you create a new game?

• DwaynesThighs

@jahangmar here's another log https://smapi.io/log/6ec05bdfc3a841198d700fabce79200c

For some reason, I think i've pinpointed it down to the mod "automate" on Nexus. before installing the mod, everything is fine. After installing it, eve after i've removed it and redownloaded smapi, the screen flickers and the game freezes or crashes. I can play without smapi and start a new save file, and I can play without smapi on my old save file, but as long as i'm playing with smapi, the game freezes or crashes after i download automate (i /think/, i'm not sure, because i have no idea why the game would crash after i deleted the mod and then completely uninstalled and reinstalled smapi)

Sorry for all the trouble.

if there's anything I can do, please let me know.

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@DwaynesThighs Install the mods you were using. Get the crash again. GIve us the log. Stop giving us logs of everything going well and asking us to fix the problem you were previously having on zero information.

• freyarobin

freyarobin Void-Bound Voyager

Hi All, I'm running Stardew Valley Expanded and several other mods. Haven't had any issues until today on this save file. I upgraded the house the first time and when I try to go into the cooking menu on the stove, it begins to repeat the menu opening noise and I get a message on screen stating that the kitchen appliance is already in use. At that point the farmer sprite starts to glitch. I tried removing some mods that had to do with recipes, but it didn't seem to help at all. Any suggestions?

https://smapi.io/log/7815f20c81134334b5879fc1cf7a5f74

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's usually Quality Product's fault, but I don't see it in the log.

Something exists twice and is causing issues?

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.