RELEASED [SMAPI] The Harp of Yoba on Nexus

Adds a Harp to the game

1. Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Version 1.0.4, for Stardew Valley 1.11. I just wanted to report it, since I did that when I was fixing some issues I had related to other mods, and it didn't seem like it had been reported.

• Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

Platonymous updated [SMAPI] The Harp of Yoba with a new update entry:

Harp of Yoba Redux

Read the rest of this update entry...

• rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

so, i downloaded the 1.0.4 version of the mod this morning, and got THIS error:
        upload_2017-4-6_22-47-31.png
        stardew still runs, but im not getting the initial letter in the mail the next day with the harp at all. am i doing something wrong??

• Platonymous

Looks like your Mono might be out of date: http://www.mono-project.com/download/

• Platonymous

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
          • rare_candy_bracelet

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

For anyone trying to use them together, this and the Happy Birthday mod are incompatible (though, BH doesn't seem to work at all right now). Trying to use both in the will cause the letters related to HoY to not be "sent"- meaning no harp, and no sheet music. I would guess it has something to do with the mail.xnbs being different?

Edit:
            Also, deleting the mod and putting in the new version seems to result in the harp being turned into the Bowler Hat. Which... is kind of amusing. Will soon have info on whether it send new harp upon the player sleeping for the night. Granted, this might have been because the harp was in a chest in the Farmhouse when I did so.

Edit2: And the answer is that it does not resend the harp. Gonna try deleting the HoY data from my save and see if that gets it resent.

Edit3: and still a no- I'm a bit out of ideas on what to do, now, outside of restarting my save file, which isn't a huge deal. Unless there is an event in the plain game save file that I can delete to reset the mailing of the Harp?

Bug was enountered on Windows 8, Steam version of the game, 1.11 of SDV, 1.9 of SMAPI, Custom Element Handler, and Harp of Yoba Redux for SDV 1.1.1 and SMAPI 1.9.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
            • Platonymous

The bowler hat was the replacement object during the save for the harp and sheets in all versions up to 1.0- this is done to avoid serialization issues. So when the mod or the savefile is deleted it leaves behind those bowler hats. But since 2.0 (Redux) it uses Fishing rods and bait instead, so the bowler is just a remnant of the old mod, it's irrelevant to the Redux version, you can just trash it. 2.0 also doesn't use a custom savefile anymore so that has no effect either.

There's also no scenario where you would have to touch your game's savefile.

Mail related mods could cause conflicts with HoY but much less likely in 2.0. And only by using SMAPI not through the xnbs. Even then it wouldn't stop the letter from being send unless it actively deletes them or changes the mail_ids at runtime. It could however mess up the order in which the mail is shown, so that the Itemmenu that delivers the harp get's attchached to the wrong letter, which could be confusing but would still give you the harp.

To limit the likelyhood of this occuring the letters don't arrive at the begining of the day, but at 7.00.

I recreated the same conditions (on windows 10 at least) by going back to 1.11 with 1.9 and reinstalled HoY 2.0 and CEH from the Nexus files but it delivers the Harp and Birthday Sheet as expected at 7 am sharp in new saves as well as old ones.

Does it show any errormessages in the console?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
              • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

No error messages, I unzipped the file into the mod folder again, this time it's working. I've got no idea what happened and am very sorry for the inconvenience.

• rare_candy_bracelet

still never managed to make this mod work with me. I'm just supposed to have both this mod and the handler in my mods folder, right? am i doing something wrong?

• tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

i think this is broken now that the game updated D:

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

Mine works fine. It might be one of your other mods. I've had to remove at least six as they haven't updated yet.

xangria likes this.
                      • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

HArp of Yoba throws this error for me:

[19:48:32 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the SaveEvents.AfterLoad event:
                        System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at HarpOfYobaRedux.SheetMusic.build(String id)
                        at HarpOfYobaRedux.SheetMusic.rebuild(Dictionary`2 additionalSaveData, Object replacement)
                        at CustomElementHandler.SaveHandler.rebuildElement(String[] data, Object replacement)
                        at CustomElementHandler.SaveHandler.placeElements()
                        at CustomElementHandler.CustomElementHandlerMod.SaveEvents_AfterLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46

• Inkweaver22

Did you get the latest version of the Custom Element Handler? It just went up around the day of the update.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Not yet, must not have been up when I checked. I'll grab it and see if it fixes it when I can get on the computer.

• tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

@Inkweaver22: you're right! i updated everything, threw out a mod that didn't work anymore and now the harp works again. yay! i shouldn't have panicked so quickly...

• Inkweaver22

I think all of us panicked at first when the update went live lol.

• December_Slate

December_Slate Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! Absolutely love this mod! Is there a way to reconfigure some of the settings? I really like everything except for the amount of hearts the birthday song gets you... I played it for Lewis and he instantly got from like zero to four hearts, which seems a little excessive. But seriously, I really love this mod, thanks for all the work you've put into it!

Edit: Realizing now that some of those hearts came from the actual present itself... So I'm guessing it's around two hearts?

Last edited: May 1, 2017
                                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

The Birthday Sonata gives two hearts, yeah. From my experience, anyway. I think it's mostly for the people earlier in the year? Or just a bigger boost because you have to carry the harp and I think play it somewhere the person is around for the whole song?

• shann13

shann13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Edit - Disregard, I've figured out how it works. ^^;

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017