Sniper Rifle Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by secv, Jul 23, 2014.

1. secv

secv Orbital Explorer

Hello! Enjoying the game so far, just missing information on how the game works. Believe it or not, I'm a player who wants to actually read all about how the game works but I haven't found a FAQ on the game mechanics. Is there any such resource? I don't see a help or tutorial option in the game.

Anyways, are sniper rifles less accurate up close? I'm thinking of switching the first woman's shotgun with a railgun I just found since the damage spread is nonexistent and the ammo capacity is the same. But if it's harder to hit up close I'd rather pass it on to someone else.

Thanks!

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

hi :)
      Our idea about sniper rifles:
      The need more "time" to actually be precise. So in the beginning you need to aim with 2AP to actually hit a target. But they do alot more damage then the shotguns and assults. Later in the game when your aiming is improved, your character can hit a target with 1AP and then the siper is rahter powerful.
      But for that, your character needs a aiming value of 8+ Additionally snipers go the furthers in range (somewhere over 20 tiles before missing)
      Shortrange have a range of 4-5 tile and high damage
      Assault rifles (medium range) are in between but make far less damage then all other guns and have a low risk for crits.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

Forgot to add: with 2AP I mean you have to right click on a selected target to increase your aim. -> That costs you 2AP :)