1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So disapointed! T-T

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by EvilPryanik, Jul 28, 2016.

1. EvilPryanik

EvilPryanik Intergalactic Tourist

me and my bro are playing this game since 2013 and we love this game!
    now your game has storyline and bosses (too easy bosses)
    and a final boss. we killed him in 1 minute and got shitty loot. I've got a 3 damage dagger from quest. What the fuck? We were expecting epic and hard boss fight with very good loot for us, but no. Now we are so pissed with such attitude to your gamers. Why is it so idiotic and bad? After such shitty ending i dont even want to play this game anymore! Absolutely disgusting!
    So sad right now :C

2. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

This is "constructive" feedback, right?

Yusuke Urameshi likes this.
  3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Basically? no. Since there is no feedback tag, he is mostly using this thread to vent on his frustrations. Or so I imagine.

If you are THAT disappointed with the game, just give it time, let it sink... play something else instead. As a general practice it should help with your disappointment, and perhaps you will try to word this post better, and in a more positive way (while still mentioning what you did not like)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    EvilPryanik likes this.
  4. muxaun

muxaun Subatomic Cosmonaut

totally constructive.

bosses are easy and loot is a pun. What else can be said?

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I guess thats what a lot peopel will do, still a bad advice as this doe snot help starbound to become what it should be. A freaking awesome game.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmm, bad for him, or for the game?

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Games played get attention and advertise, especially when staying in the steam charts for a long time as th other sandbox game with T does. And that sells the game, so losing players is bad for the game yet less bad for him since he will find his fun somewhere else.

8. Nick99

Nick99 Void-Bound Voyager

Same thing! I was so excited for this uodate. But now... I don't feel anything good about that game. Need to fix it soo!!!

9. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Yeah, I know. I should of constructive criticism.

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So giving him an option that might make him feel better is bad? I suppose I should tell him to gripe and groan then?

11. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

where did I even said that? It's just generally sad when the option is to tell others to paly somrthing else when the ause is a issue with the game (even if trasmitted in rather harsh manners). These are still thinsg the devs should really take care of.

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

aaaand the devs will do that right away? of course not my friend, it will take a while, even if they ever do it. With that in mind I am sure you understand that the best option to avoid further negativity in a game the OP no longer enjoys is to find greener pastures, right?

13. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Early Access is sometimes a sacrifice if you choose to continue to play the game exclusively. I purposely avoided playing the last few unstable updates of this game because I wanted the game to be fresh and "mostly" new come release. I'm seeing a lot of people on these forums quoting 2,000+ hours....it's not really a wonder they're bored with lack of new content: because they're already seen it. If you're going to play every single update the game offers (Nightly) and then expect to see a whole load of new content after release without it being tested.....then it's not 1.0 content then is it?

EDIT: Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I just had my Unstable branch update today with about 150MB. So "something" new is upcoming.

Corraidhín likes this.
  14. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

its not the lack of new stuff its the lack of stuff that was there.

Thundercraft likes this.
  15. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Well then like others have said, things may of been removed due to design choices. While I don't agree with all of them, (*cough* no end tier version of all primary biomes *cough*) there are others that I can see the reason for. For i.e. the lack of being able to craft weapons, or at least decent ones that rise in tier: often enough most people would just craft the weapons and then ditch/sell whatever they find. This made everyone using the same weapons for the majority of the game. Now the hunt of looking for new weapons is actually fun, as well as vendors selling worthwhile weapons.

16. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

I swear, I'm the only one who keeps getting my a__ handed to me by some of the bosses, and the final boss took me a solid ten minutes to beat with tier 5-6 gear (All tier 6 armor, mostly t6 weapons with a t5 or 2 thrown in because I never found a worthy replacement). But between the final boss and the "Big Ape", I had to endure 10, sometimes as long as 15 minute battles to whittle them down before finally killing them. No idea what gear folks found to take them out in a minute. o_O?

17. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

a minute is maybe exaggerated also they were two people.

18. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A lot of this also depends on how long people have been playing games with action platforming elements such as Terraria, most Metroidvania's, as well as games like 20XX and the varied games in the Mega Man franchise. Over time people just get better at pattern recognition and general platforming skills. Each boss so far that I have faced in Starbound has a pretty predictable and obvious pattern to them, and only one I haven't fought yet is the final one as just have not gotten around to it as wanted to save that for the actual release, and been side tracked by building at the moment.

19. FuschiaFreckles

FuschiaFreckles Aquatic Astronaut

SAME. The bosses were kicking my butts, I don't know how everyone else does it.
    Then again, my game is pretty laggy, so having nice, smooth, fast, responsive fights isn't possible for me. I'd probably do a lot better if it lagged less. The woes of playing on a crappy laptop.

20. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The best advice i can give on how people do it, is to pay attention to the patterns. Also they likely go in over geared as well for most of them, such as solarium tier gear for the Floran mission as an example. Just going to use the Erchius Monster as an example, as his is pretty simple and most people have fought him. For his first phase, he has two lasers that circle him(I can't remember if they start clockwise or counter clockwise) then when he stops he summons one of the monsters, and this repeats until you hit all the switches and shoot him, then he switches from two lasers to four that also reverse direction, and eventually to four that make an X. The floran boss has a pattern, but that fight is a little more about mob managment, the Hylotl boss has a pattern, the Avian boss has a pattern, the Apex boss has a pattern, the Glitch boss has a pattern, the two penguin quest bosses have a pattern. I can't say on the last one yet, but pretty certain there is a pattern there as well. I am able to do up to the Apex boss with Tungsten armor and non-unique melee weapons found in a gentle system or during the missions themselves. Currently I need Durasteel armor to beat the apex boss due to how much of the damage is hard to avoid there. These are not fast fights by all means with low end equipment, but if I was using top tier equipment they go down pretty quick.

As soon as you know the patterns, the bosses get much easier. After that its just improving gear if needed, and as a gamer over time.