NPC Soldier NPCs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Keeper, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Watrz

Watrz Void-Bound Voyager

I like the army part of this idea, as in you have an extremely hostile planet (like starship troopers hostile) where you can drop (or should) an entire squad of troopers to secure it so you can develop a base, and eventualy conqer the galaxy
    BUT!, I think you should still maintain your own little private army, like once you have "invaded" a planetary system, you should still suply your troops with food and ammo for them to survive.
    for the rest, not JUST soldier NPC, also other, working types of Npc as wel would be great so you dont need to micro manage EVERYTHING, wich can be very anoying(like you can get a pilot like NPC wich can supply your assult on the planet). but this would make the game also a bit of a strategy game (small part)

klauskirkelein, nababoo and Keeper like this.
  2. I haven't mentioned it in the OP. That's a very good idea, having to provide your troops with supplies and so forth, sort of like the "hire and maintenance" cost. Should you fail to pay, they'll desert you. ^^

nababoo likes this.
  3. I can imagine a situation where you're stranded on a planet with a bunch of backstabbing mercenaries hunting after you.

It'd make for such awesome tales of glory.

4. Yettie92

Yettie92 Aquatic Astronaut

but, it would also work well with enemarius86's idea, having farmers ,scientists and such you could create your own self sufficient community/ planetary dominance that can take care of themselves without your aid, but you could always answer the calls for aid they make just to be sure they're not only doing well, but keep them in line and loyal to you

Dragrath, Watrz, enemarius86 and 2 others like this.
  5. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

Nice Idea :D I'd like it. However i'm not so sure they should be able to be healed depending on the type of wound. I think that death would be more reasonable considering there are so many planets it's not like you are going to run out of hired guns.

Keeper likes this.
  6. Sounds great, as a matter of fact. n_n

7. klauskirkelein

klauskirkelein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Or kill you!

8. Thought of a new option today, so the OP has been updated.

Besides the two "Follow me" and "Stay" orders, a command to have the fighter you're addressing return to the base or spaceship has been added. :)

nababoo likes this.
  9. Jacklego5

Jacklego5 Void-Bound Voyager

Yep. :DD *Likes*
    Would be nice to have some back up...

10. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

can never hurt to be prepared and what preparation is better than having an army...(I wonder if we could let this get to the "fleet level" (aka get your mercs their own ships to aid you but with the added risk that it will be much more dangerous if you fail to keep up your end of the bargain)

Keeper likes this.
  11. Oh, Suggestion Bot, I summon thee!

12. Sorry for the double post, but for those who would like to vote on this suggestion, you may do so here. :)