1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue [SOLVED] HELP! MY SHIP GOT STUCK IN SPACE!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Starboyn1, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Starboyn1

Starboyn1 Space Hobo

Hello!

I have a problem: I chose some strange looking star, flew to it, but there was no star and no planets, just a name of this system (Tarhassin), i cant do anything on the panel, i can not even leave this system. Tried to press on the magnifier - didint work. Trying to press buttons - nothing happens.
    Consequently, the ship got stuck in space :(
    Help me out!
    12312ё31.png

Also i found this system on another player, flew to it and got stuck too.
    Coordinates: x= - 434186343 y= - 745757462
    21312312.png
    As you can see there is a lot of them in the section, very strange looking stars.

Maybe i installed a mod that doesnt work, but i doubt it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, maybe, judging by the coloring of that star, you weren't supposed to even be able to fly to it. It looks to be a background star. Also, the coordinates probably won't help. Every game has a different universe. Therefore, in every game those coordinates (should) lead to different system(s) with different names with different planets. Or there might not even be something there. But anyway, maybe a log would help. If you even kept it or have it at all (which you might have). But if a log isn't provided, it's very unlikely that this will be solved.

3. Starboyn1

Starboyn1 Space Hobo

What do you mean every game has its own universe? I saw people sharing some planet coordinates, so i thought that each of us has the exact same universe, or its just like minecraft? And these stars do not look like background stars, looks more like buggy stars. You can go there and check if they exist in your universe btw.

I dont know anything about log, but you can help me at finding it, if you can.

This is the first time i see such problem, cant find anything on the Internet about it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

It's in the storage folder. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound<or Starbound - Unstable>\storage. There will be seven to eight files (depending on when you started playing). A starbound.config (and a possible starbound.config.old if you played before 1.3), a starbound.log (the file your probably looking for), and five other files with starbound.log as a name, but with a filetype of 1 through 5. If you have played after the issue, the log your looking for will depend on how many times you have played after the incident. If you've played over 5 times after, the log will not be there.

It's possible that the coordinates being shared are on a server. Other than that, it only makes sense that there would be a "multiverse" throughout the Starbound community (or maybe string theory is taking over :eek:). And the stars are buggy? how? Is the animation glitching out or something? Maybe the animation wasn't there at all.

5. Starboyn1

Starboyn1 Space Hobo

Ive played more than 5 times xd
    welp

They have no animation, they are just dark blue static stars, i tried to fly to another star near Tarhassin and got stuck too xdddd. So i guess they are all buggy

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. Starboyn1

Starboyn1 Space Hobo

You can enter these coordinates by yourself and check if you have those stars too btw

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Okay. Will do when I get the chance to.

8. Starboyn1

Starboyn1 Space Hobo

Can anyone please contact ChuckleFish himself to help me with this problem please? Because i cant find ANY help, noone knows what is that
    Emailed him, but hes not responding

9. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Hmm... nothing here.
    20170831141957_1.jpg

10. Starboyn1

Starboyn1 Space Hobo

Its ok, ty for responding, but ive solved it already :)
    Just removed the file with my current ship location in the Universe folder and then i was spawned in a random system
    Also then i found those coordinates again AND THOSE STARS WERE MISSING! Idk what the hell was that....

You can close this thread, ty!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  11. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Universes / Coordinates are identical between computers if you are running the same version of Starbound (Operating System matters). Otherwise, it's different.