1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Solving Intense Frame Rate Issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Squiddo Kiddo, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Squiddo Kiddo

Squiddo Kiddo Orbital Explorer

This is more a thread based on solving the issue instead of reporting the issue, since I personally do not have this problem. Also, this is more based on lag that is around 1-5 FPS.

First of all, I'm only doing this to make my friend's Starbound playable. I've sent emails to Chucklefish about this issue and have been responding to and looking through threads on the topic of lag. I hope that people like my friend, players that love Starbound BUT have this issue, will be able to play the game again after 1.0.

If anyone has this problem then please do this:
    1. Open control panel
    2. Under "Appearance and Personalization" go to "Adjust screen resolution"
    3. Click "Advanced settings"
    4. Post a screenshot of your "adapter" tab
    That is if you have Windows 7, if you have anything else just follow this.

So far it seems like anyone using Intel HD Graphics Family as their graphics driver have this exact issue.

EDIT: If you have under the minimal specs of Starbound, then THAT'S more likely your issue.

Flake13, GaelLH and dekar_serverbot like this.
  2. TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy Astral Cartographer

I am on 7 64, but had to go control panel - display - adjust resolution - advanced settings - adapter tab
    but when I did, I found this:

[​IMG]

hope that's helpful in some way.

EDITED TO ADD:
    Turns out my problems were related to the parallax, and once that was disabled, my FPS shot up to the 40's

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    dekar_serverbot likes this.
  3. ErebusAmauro

ErebusAmauro Astral Cartographer

Win XP 32 bits. The beta ran well, the post 1.0 gives that unplayable 1-5 s****y fps. My laptop meets the minimum. This is my vcard:

adaptador.JPG

4. Multistream

Multistream Void-Bound Voyager

So, BETA was not smooth, but it was very playable, 30 FPS anywhere, no physics or slowmotion bugs.
    1.0 increased FPS to 35-45. But in 1.0 there are a lot of places, where FPS accidentally drops with no reason. What is more, after 1.0.2 update i hade "slow physics" issue. My character was moving as fast as he should move, but enemyes, falling trees, hovers, NPCs are like in slowmotion. Enemyes can not do anything to me dye to their slow. Before 1.0.2 i had that issue when had a lot of quests. And afer completing all quests it had not dissapeared. So i can not play 1.0.2 as it does not allows to have a quests. And i can not play newer versions as they have this issue on start. Yes, my VSync is Off. Between 2x and 4x zoom there is 2-3% difference, also as i have 1366x768, i can not play on 3x as everything is too big. Terraria, Dig Or Die, Craft The World - they run very smooth

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  5. sensibleheels

sensibleheels Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm on 8.1, but having the same or a similar issue.

[​IMG]

6. spectralScavenger

spectralScavenger Void-Bound Voyager

i really hope this gets dev attention this is driving me up the WALL

[​IMG]

LemonLeman and dekar_serverbot like this.
  7. Gensou Ichida

Gensou Ichida Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

hope this helps.

8. LemonLeman

LemonLeman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Help. I want to play Starbound and talk to the sentient penguins again. ;-;
    Capture1.PNG

9. Flake13

Flake13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My computer's specs are under the minimum actually, but even so it used to run above 15 fps (I deem 15fps playable nuff) before the 1.0 update (after glad giraffe,)

after 1.0, it drops down to 1 - 2 fps, even in the main menu

Hopefully this helps!... somewhat

[​IMG]

edit: o wait nvm its probably the issue that my comp is under the minimal requirements for sb, even so how it ran so smoothly (with some lag spikes) before needs some explaining, or not, if that's not of your best interests ;-;

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    PastaMaker and dekar_serverbot like this.
  10. rexicom

rexicom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna join in too

11. dekar_serverbot

dekar_serverbot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

fuckyou.png

and used to run smootly in both giraffe and koala version no matter climate status

Flake13 likes this.
  12. PastaMaker

PastaMaker Void-Bound Voyager

My photo.PNG
    The Game ran fine with minimal lag in koala and giraffe now its a slideshow.
    (I'm pretty sure my potato computer is far under the minimal specs.)

Flake13 likes this.
  13. Tbggg

Tbggg Space Hobo

Acer X34(DP) and NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal) Properties.jpg

Reckon my issue is not gpu related lmao

More importantly, my issue arose in patch 1.1 It seems that optimisation has only been getting worse with each patch.

Flake13 likes this.
  14. LemonLeman

LemonLeman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been almost a month since the last post here. Is this a lost cause, or has the problem been solved at all? I'm still desperate to play, since this game was so fun before my framerates were butchered.

15. blood moon racoon

blood moon racoon Space Hobo

dude, the pic u posted, it has the exact same everything as mine(I didn't post mine) so if u find anything, pls let me know, ill do the same.