1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Soma Explorer Ships 1.1.1

For all your pseudo-Vaygr needs

Tags:
  1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

/spawnitem shipT#

Where # is the tier ship you had.

Note that its important not to skip over any tiers because the game uses ship level to control some functions. A fully repaired ship with FTL is tier 3.

2. NordKitten

NordKitten Scruffy Nerf-Herder

alright, but it is fine to spawn whatever tier i had, just as long as i dont spawn any higher then that correct?

3. lazarus78

Yeah. If you want to be safe, just spawn them all in and use them one by one, starting from 0.

4. skywaltz

skywaltz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have some minor problem. i put some item like console and light in the cockpit. but when i upgraded to final tier, the pilot chair is gone, and i cannot fly to another planet now.
    is there any fix for this problem?
    i could not use /spawnitem command, i just spawned perfectly generic item
    Untitled.jpg

EDIT : temporary fix, i print the pilot chair with this mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/print-ship-parts-again.3161/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  5. MShadowy

MShadowy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huh. How curious. If I had to guess the reason, presumably the ship world bugged out during the upgrade because the light ended up intruding in the space the chair would have ended up occupying.

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to revise the captains seat location for the ship to make this less likely to occur.

6. mdew9989

mdew9989 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey genius ship creator! just want to know that where is the fuel hatch? im trying to travel to a different area and i cant seem to find the fuel hatch.

7. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Did you try the area next to the captain's ship? It's supposed to be on the left side of it.

8. Hinderance

Hinderance Void-Bound Voyager

quick question are the internal ship components like Ship Locker and the Teleport pad and such supposed to stay the human ship red metal rim no matter what race you pick?

When I tried jumping on as an Novakid, instead of the green and gold trims they were still red, just checking if this is supposed to happen?

9. carriontrooper

yeah, since the blockkey files for all of them defined human stuff instead of race-specific stuff. If you want to, you could modify the blockkey file and change the human stuff to the appropriate race's stuff.

10. Hinderance

ahhh okies, hrmmmm.... total newbie question where could I find the values for the item? :rofl:

11. carriontrooper

just open the blockkey file in the respective race's ship folder (in the soma directory). Then look for the item you want to replace, and replace it.

12. Hinderance

thank you~ Got things all nice and sorted~ Now my OCD won't kill me every time I play :rofl:

13. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

If anyone needs help setting this up as a mod instead of replacing core shipworlds:
    1. create a folder with a similar name inside your girraffestorage\mods folder: [​IMG]
    2. inside that folder move whichever species ship you want it to replace into a folder named ships:
    [​IMG]
    3. with that done return to SomaExplorerShips and move the objects and tiles folders and the .modinfo from wherever you have the base files for the mod:
    [​IMG]

This is the tier 0 issue I was talking about:
    [​IMG]
    afterwards however it's not there. not really an issue, just thought you'd like to know.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  14. Hinderance

Hey~~ back again (edited cause I am a dummy on some parts :rofl:)

Sooo this could be just because of my own tinkering that broke the thing....buutttt the research station never spawned on my ship at Tier 5 onward to tier 8 :rofl:

and I somehow got an additional pet.....hrmmm.... just checking to see if you guys had the same problems....

Also any know how I can fix this? O . O

Aka is there a way for me to update my ship world and replace where the stations turned up or am I doomed here? :rofl:

(Edited again Derpz) : Ok on a hunch I went and checked the normal ships and noticed that in the blocks (Red and Yellow PNGs) that starting from Tier 5 the research station was a dark blue pixel... which doesn't exist anywhere on the Soma Ships placement block images. Gonna add it in and see what happens once I try resetting my shipworld :rofl:

Untitled2 probs.png

(MOAR EDITZZZ)
    Wait! Ok my hunch paid off and I managed to get the research station to spawn on the ship starting from Tier 5

I also made sure that the Tech station and the ship locker didn't spawn twice at Tier 8

The block placement PNGs had their colors missing or in the other compartments :rofl:

Although now..... there is a bigger problem my S.A.I.L is all messed up :rofl: He's just spouting random broken code at me like the ship still broken, but since I completed most of my quests before (still haven't killed Penguin mecha)

Any way for me to fix this? Or should I scuttle my ship and start a new character? I've already moved all the items off the ship just in case.

(Wow I really should stop editing its making me look like a douche :rofl:)

Ok the Admin commands worked like a charm :3 I got my ship back with minimal losses (mostly time)

Oh and here is the screen snap of the fix I did.

Untitled Fix 1.png

Untitled Fix 2.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  15. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I'm wondering is can I use this ship with the recent update to Starbound?
    Cause I like the look of this ship compared to the original designs.

16. lazarus78

It should work, yes. ships have not changed.

17. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Ah ok, time to change the ships.

-=Quick Edit=-
    I'm wondering if someone will do custom colors for each of the races.
    Just wonderin

18. lazarus78

If you get an error in the process, post it here so someone can resolve it.

19. Utopolyst

Utopolyst Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! Great Ship. Just a quick question on how to fix a bug: How do you, when you start with the apex race, get to tech station to press E. For me it's outside of the ship.

Edit: Okay, I couldn't get the tech station to respond, as it was a human tech station (listed in the blockkey.config). Changing the tech, teleporter, etc. in Notepad++ from "human" to "apex" resolves the issue. Nevertheless the starting "E"-Button, indicating the very first action, meaning "interarct with the tech" is still outside the ship. Anyway to put it on the tech station like it was meant to be? Cheers!

20. lazarus78

Did you try to use this mod with an existing character without deleting your shipworld file?