Some skills can't have an effective level of above X?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SPLlT, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SPLlT

SPLlT Big Damn Hero

So I did some testing since I figured my best builds would revolve around having a maxed skill. (Effectively, skill level 5.)
    With the recent update making Fighting Prowess properly show physical resistance, I noticed that the resistance did not increase when going from Fighting Prowess 4 -> 5.

Damage however, did increase by a measly 5 damage. Unsure if Fighting Prowess multiplies damage or adds onto it, although I'm assuming it's the former rather than the latter.

I've also tested with Divine Blade- increasing from 4-5 increased damage as one would normally expect.

It means there's some sort of hidden hardcap on Fighting Prowess resulting in a max skill level at 4. (Although maybe by the smallest amount? Enough to give a tiny damage boost but no resistance bonus?)

Apart from Divine Blade, I've had no other skill accessories to test +2 with. So it might end up just being that Physical Resistance isn't properly calculated into the +2. (From +1)

I also noticed a trend in the skills which are applied to the orange accessories when built. (After building a few on my fighter and cleric.) None of the "class-shared" skills are given. No resolve, no focus, no toughness, etc. Is this intended? Or is my RNG just really bad?