Mob Sounds from the Current Creatures

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by jhnnybgood, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jhnnybgood

jhnnybgood Space Penguin Leader

I would have to say that one of my biggest complaints with the creatures is the fact that they sound like sheep and pigs. If I close my eyes combat sounds like a farming simulator. I'm not sure if this has been touched upon, I tried searching for anything mentioning sound.

I would just like to see (well, hear) the various creatures have more... unfamiliar sounds. Maybe somehow alter the sounds that are in place now to make them seem more alien. Right now they're too familiar to my ear as actual barnyard animals rather than alien creatures. Also the more aggressive animals should maybe have a lower, more aggressive sound.

2. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

I think the problem right now is just the lack of sounds. I assume they just grabbed whatever they could for right now and are going to add to it later. But I do agree it needs to be addressed.

jhnnybgood likes this.
  3. jhnnybgood

Yeah, that very well could be it. I've noticed a lot of the sounds I'm talking about in particular have been recycled many times for many different creature types. Maybe that's why they stick out to me when I encounter them. I obviously made somewhat of a general statement because some actually sound ok.

4. Karrakazul

Karrakazul Orbital Explorer

The angry horse noises are the worst, ended up on a planet where it was the sound set for nearly all the monsters and it drove me nuts.

I'm sure more sounds are coming, but in the meantime you can actually go into the sfx folder and do a bit of tinkering if you've got your own clips.

jhnnybgood likes this.
  5. jhnnybgood

Actually I could see that being pretty funny swapping in the right sound effects :D