Boss Space Singularity

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Meldieboy, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Meldieboy

Meldieboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

The boss name is a W.I.P, if you have a better name, say so.

HP: 18000 - 35000
    Claws HP: 2000 - 5000
    Mouth HP: 10000 - 15000
    Element: Dark
    Backstory: (DISCLAIMER: This is not real world science, this is Starbound science).
    At the center of every black hole, there is nothing. This nothing draws in matter that goes near, and compresses it. Eventually, the matter is compressed so much, it becomes a rudimentary lifeform, that starts to feed on the mater drawn in. This makes it very hard to kill, but rewarding, as you can get pieces of essentially, a black hole.
    Drops: About 30-50 pieces of Void Matter, 1 Singularity Maw, standard Pixels and syringes e.t.c.
    The Void Matter would be used to create highly dark-resistant gear, as well as weapons that have the dark element to them. The Singularity Maw would be used to hang on a wall, as a sort of trophy showing that you killed it.
    Fight Mechanics: The fight would open with the Singularity floating dormant in the center of the arena. When you attacked it, it would awake extending its claws, opening its mouth, start moving around and summoning platforms. The claws and mouth would have seperate HP bars, but they would all need to be destroyed to kill the boss. The boss would have 4 attacks.
    1. A claw would be used to hit a player. This could be blocked with a shield. This attack would not be used without a claw.
    2. The boss would spit a shadow projectile at you. It could use its claws or its mouth, with the mouth projectile being bigger.
    3. The boss would throw itself at a player, doing massive damage. It would clearly signify this though, by rooting its claws into the ground. If all its claws are destroyed, it will spin instead to show that it is using this attack.
    4. The boss would make a random platform start glowing. It will then explode, the explosion being bigger the more claws are destroyed.

If a body part is destroyed, it will appear inactive (start glowing/turn transparent.) Once all the parts are destroyed, the boss will explode dropping the loot.

Crap MSPaint.NET picture:[​IMG]

This was my first suggestion, so no assurances of quality here. Please provide feedback on how to make the suggestion better.

2. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

This would be interesting to fight.

"Hey, what did you do today?"

"Oh, me? I destroyed a black hole." :rofl: