1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawn multiple different things at once?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by temakixai, Jan 30, 2019.

1. temakixai

temakixai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it possible to use one spawn command to spawn multiple different types of items at the same time?
    It can be very tiring spawning entire sets of things like, for example, ores.
    Say you're digging for ores and just occasionally feel like spawning a handful of each type all at once as a ltitle boost, it's annoying having to go through each one.

I know the starboard commands follow that complicated form of scripting language or whatever, and soem commands like weapon spawning have like, different values you can include. I'm wondering if you can use this with the spawn command to list multiple different spawn operations with one command?

Any help is appreciated.

2. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

im not sure this is possible through just the game but a macro should allow you to do this
    if you want the number of ore spawned to be changeable then you could have a macro type *chatkey* "/spawnitem orename " and pause for around 2 to 5 seconds depending on your typing speed, type the number during this time then if you always want a specific parameter have it type " '{parameter}'" (theres a ' at the end just before the end ") and then have it hit enter

you could also have it wait 2 seconds at the end of each command if that macro doesnt work with the enter key (in my case it seems to send as a modifier but not a key?) and after start typing another command so you dont need to type it yourself which should be faster, though youll likely want to set a specific key combination to activate it or if needed deactivate it

if you dont need parameters and want to always spawn the same amount it should be easier to do though it still depends on if it reads the enter key and if it can activate the chat
    still depends on what exactly you want typed in and whatever though