1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Spawnbound - Support

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Malicante, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Malicante

Malicante Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

This mod aims to make spawning NPC's for your villages much more precise, while still maintaining a "logical" approach to how these spawners are aquired (costs, access). On release, I will have at least fifty-four (54) spawners ready for you to populate villages with, from the common villager, to the rare and mysterious Wizard, weapon selling pirates, and happy-go-lucky musicians.

But of course, first you need to know the secrets of the art of spawning. Simply dropkick a Capture Station* into a furnace, and let it cook for a while. When the screen is nice and purple, pull it out and introduce yourself to the Digital Spawner Creation Station (Or DSCS for short.)! Just pull up a schematic and let yourself feel the magic!**

All the spawners require a minimum of two things: The first is a Blank Spawner, crafted from 20 steel bars and 500 pixels. The second is a Sandstone statue of the race you wish to spawn. Don't have a statue? We've got you covered! All the high quality statues you could ever need are in your grasp for a simple trade of 50 fine sand, and 50 sandstone! Once you have these items, check our handy-dandy notebook on all things Spawner-style, located on page 3 of your DSCS manual.*** For those who don't have the manual, here's a quick rundown of the items for each spawner type.

Breakdown:
    Villager: Just the base ingredients!
    [​IMG]

Guard: Inferior Brain (Credit: LowestFormOfWit)
    [​IMG]

Chef: Starter Food of the chosen race (not the Wheat, the other starter food)
    [​IMG]

Wizard: One Wizard Eyeba--Hat
    [​IMG]

Doctor: Medkit
    [​IMG]

Stims: 1 of each Stimpack (How many are you hording in that toolbelt of yours anyways?)
    [​IMG]

Tools: A silver pickaxe (Cmon, you should have hundreds of these by now!)
    [​IMG]

Musical: A Broken Instrument (Through the FIRE and FLAMES can only be played on top of a FURNACE so many times...)
    [​IMG]

Pirate: A box of Blade Parts and Gun Parts (you should know how to get these by now.)
    [​IMG]

TO DO LIST:
    Pirate Vendors: Still working on it. it'll be some time here, mateys!
    Normal Weapon/Armor vendors: Still working on them too.
    Clothing Vendors: 10 fabric (Still have some time before these be ready too!)
    ...and whatever else I can think of/what's suggested

To install, just unzip the spawnbound.zip into your /mods folder, and get cooking. Literally.

DO NOT TRY TO SPAWN MORE THAN 12 NPC's AT A TIME! YOU CAN POSSIBLY LOSE YOUR HOMEWORLD! IF DONE ON YOUR SHIP YOUR CHARACTER IS TOAST!

*Pending. I like the thought of drop-kicking a crafting station into a hot furnace and melting it into something else.
    **If you randomly combust due to pulling the DSCS out of a thousand degree furnace, THIS IS NOT THE MAGIC WE MEANT!

***We may have forgotten to send out the manuals..

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Malicante

This space reserved for FAQS and other interesting Tidbits I deem useful. Also I hope I'm not too Screenshot happy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  3. SupMaggot

SupMaggot Void-Bound Voyager

I installed the mod but when i put the capture pod in the furnace i get only a generic item. What's wrong?

4. Malicante

I don't know, nor will I know for another 2-3 days, as my computer with all my stuff is in the shop. Sorry everyone, just hold out a little longer!

5. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

Sorry, I've Googled extensively, but as long as you already have a thread for these- HOW do you get Blade Parts and Gun Parts?

6. Malicante

Throw a sword/gun into the furnace, and no need to apologize. Do note that the mod is likely broken due to the new way mods work, but I will be fixing it up/getting back to work on it when my computer gets back from the shop.

7. daragh99

daragh99 Aquatic Astronaut

Just wondering why the mod wont show up as a zipped file?

8. Malicante

I am contemplating reviving this. Finally got a computer that's decent (and less delicate, could literally drop kick it with no bad effects.). Since I've been meddling with vanilla for some time, I think it's time to bring this back into use.

9. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

I for one would like to see this mod brought back to life! Villages would be much easier to make with this mod, and would feel more homely.

10. Malicante

I decided last night to re-take up the torch, and have began to work on this again. However, this time I have a bit more understanding of the game, and can now bend things in more ways, like quests and codexes.

EDIT: I am looking for ASSISTANCE For resurrection.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    KateisLost likes this.