1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawning high tier weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MrStarky, Aug 4, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrStarky

MrStarky Space Hobo

Hello, this is just a small and quick thread asking how you spawn high tier weapons with the /spawnitem command

I know that you are able to spawn uncommon/rare weapons by doing /spawnitem rare(weapon) but every time I do so they are always tier one, I am simply doing this since I want a good sword for a roleplay that is unique

There might not be a way to spawn high tier random weapons, but if so I would love to know how!

Thank you!

2. Thesoulgazer0

Thesoulgazer0 Space Hobo

MrStarky likes this.
  3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Strange, because when I try it, the chat say : could not item rarebroadsword, or it say could not parse item parameters

4. FIowey

FIowey Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah same happens to me, but i discovered that /spawntreasure weapon 10 gives you a weapon of tier 10, the broadswords there are pretty rare tho

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'll try that

6. Cen Silver

Cen Silver Phantasmal Quasar

Quick correction here, forgive the major Necro , but this is popping to me a lot in my Google searches to spawning custom weapons, so I assume it probably does to others too, so I'm leaving this post here for everyone wondering what's the problem here.
    the correct command is:

/spawnitem rarepistol 1 '{"level":10}'
    And not
    /spawnitem rarepistol 1 '{"level:10"}'

For those unaware about programming languages, minor punctuation details like this can make the difference between the command working and your game downright crashing.

Always pay close attention with it and double check to make sure it's all properly placed.

MelOzone likes this.
  7. Starbounder88

Starbounder88 Aquatic Astronaut

Is there a way to spawn identical weapons?

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You need to specify the weapon seed, or the animation parts, to do that. You can also spawn any of the unique weapons, if you want.

9. MrNecroPost

MrNecroPost Space Hobo

get necro'd on

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@MrNecroPost Based on your username and obvious intentional necro post I'm going to give you a verbal warning right here. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Please don't let this escalate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.