NPC Spawning Towns/Missions (Wall of text alert)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by OneRudeDude, Sep 19, 2012.

1. OneRudeDude

OneRudeDude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First off, I know that walls of text are horrendous and no one likes them (even myself) but these are two ideas that I would think would be a great addition to the game, if possible. This also has most likely been suggested somewhere by a developer or another person on the forums but in the case it hasn't I'm just going to go with it. The title really includes two different ideas that can be linked together.
    1. Spawning Towns- Just by the name you know where this is going. Randomly generated towns with NPCs in the randomly generated worlds. Now in your first world that you create, lets say that you are completely alone in that one just so it really does feel like survival. But as time progresses (And since we -the player- have the technology to go to other planets- you should encounter other people in your travels, especially with randomly generated worlds that are linked to your first created world.
    2. Now I'm pretty sure missions have been announced by the developers and I'm all for it. To build on that, I would love to see missions to spawn from NPCs that you meet in these towns or villages that you run into. It can be a mission to go on a journey with a miner to go explore (That would make single player that much more exciting) or maybe a rescue mission to go save a trapped miner. Another example off the top of my head is being an ambassador to another race for a town that you have become accustomed to (That deals with reputation which is a whole other topic) and create friendships and alliances.
    I understand these ideas are complex and difficult. And at this stage of development, cannot be added to the game. I am aware that these ideas are from many other games that are well known (Skyrim, Minecraft, Guild Wars 2 to name a few with these features). But in my opinion if these ideas enrich the game and create the feeling of a adventurer even more, why not?
    Of course, thanks for reading.