1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawnitem: Changing Particles

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jerln, May 25, 2017.

1. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

So I've been trying to change the particles of a teleporter to a different color, as well as make them emit a different color of light. Here's what I've been using:

Code:
    /spawnitem avianteleporter 1 '{"particle":{"color":[180,0,0,0],"light":[180,0,0]}}'
    I found that the color and the light of the particles does not change, so I decided to try changing it to a completely different type, which doesn't seem to work either.

Could somebody please tell me where I'm going wrong here?

2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'd be interested in knowing about this, since it'd be strange if particle effects can't be changed with objects. I mean, with armor, you can add particles to it even if it normally doesn't have any, and even if you want to give it an almost epilepsy-inducing screen-wide cat particle effect. Why that thing is in the vanilla game I'll never know. Anyway, I hope someone can figure it out/confirm that particle effects on placeable objects can/cannot be changed with spawnitem.

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

There isn't a precedence for this? I can't be the first to try modifying objects using /spawnitem, am I?

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff