Modding Help [/spawnitem question] Custom gun gaps

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by KingJoey, Sep 11, 2019.

1. KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Hello!
    I'm trying to make a custom assault rifle with a flashlight on it but I can't seem to get the parts to line up properly.
    [​IMG]
    The barrel and the butt don't connect to the body, and when I spawn multiple guns the offset seems different for every one of them.

Here's the code I am using:
    Code:
    /spawnitem commonassaultrifle 1 '{"level":10,"shortdescription":"AR64","altAbilityType":"flashlight","primaryAbility":{"baseDps":32,"baseDpsFactor":200,"energyUsage":32,"energyUsageFactor":0.1,"fireTime":0.1,"fireTimeFactor":0.2,"inaccuracy":0.01},"animationParts":{"middle":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/deadbeat/middle/1.png","barrel":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/deadbeat/barrel/3.png","butt":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/deadbeat/butt/3.png"},"rarity":"legendary"}'
    Also if anyone knows how to alter the thumbnail of the weapon to resemble the actual weapon please let me know! The gaps between the parts have priority for me though. I have tried messing around with baseOffset and muzzleOffset but that didn't seem to bring the butt and the muzzle closer to the body of the gun, just the animation from where the gun shoots and flashlight shines. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!