Special Guard Tenant Tiers

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by OmegaPaladin, Jul 23, 2020.

1. OmegaPaladin

OmegaPaladin Aquatic Astronaut

If you have read the wiki, you can see that guard tenants have a fixed tier, regardless of the world they appear on. The wiki lists the tier for some of the Guard AI tenant (Lunar Base Miners are 2, Fenerox are 3, etc.) However, it looks like some of the guard tenants are not listed:
    • Evil Glitch
    • Peacekeepers
    • Space Guards
    I did some poking around in the assets, and I found a level parameter which I believe indicates tier. Peacekeepers are tier 4, if that is correct. Evil Glitch lists a generictenant as its basetype - does that mean they do not fight enemies?

Space Guards, and interestingly enough Space Heroes are listed as guard tenants and link to friendlyguard (though not friendlyguardtenant) They do not list a fixed tier - does that mean they have a flexible tier like normal tenants?

I'm still getting the hang of this format, but I'd like to know. If Space Guards are flexible, they would be good security for a high tier base, while tenants with a fixed tier are better for space stations.