Species/cosmetics change option?

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by voiditect, Oct 3, 2016.

1. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so, I was thinking about a way to change character/ crew species. So what about a pod or something that when interacted with brings up a character creation menu with gender options removed, and when finished, you select whether you want to edit the character or a crew member. Then a version of the human respawn plays, your char goes in, the new one comes out.

what about crafting? well, It might be a key item found in a mission used to craft it, or bought off an outpost store, I don't really know, do any of you guys have some ideas?

2. Schitzoflink

Schitzoflink Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe it could unlock the tech after fighting Ruin? You remember something from when you were saved and use that to make a new pod

3. voiditect

cool Idea! would you support it?

4. Schitzoflink

Schitzoflink Void-Bound Voyager

Sure it would be fun to change up my dude

5. voiditect

great! It should be in an update or mod

6. Rocolas

Rocolas Void-Bound Voyager

Friends, I think that some official answer is in order here because of the fact that this is something that really should be in the vanilla version, not by mods, and only devs can do that. I'm sure everyone have felt eventually the idea of changing something of the character (hair, personality, etc) and until today this is not possible as far as I know.

7. voiditect

yeah. Thanks, necromancer!

Rocolas likes this.